Intact

Read exclusive online reviews of products and discuss them.
Dave Egleston

Intact

Postby Dave Egleston » September 6th, 2008, 11:35 am

Dealers purchase from:

Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc.
www.murphysmagicsupplies.com
Phone (916) 853-9292

Spectator's selected card ends up in a Tic-Tac box.

Dealer's lead in:

Intacta fantastic card to impossible location effect developed by magician extraordinaire Jesse Feinberg and released for the first time on DVD by Blacks Magic Group, Inc.

Here's another DVD with a single trick that we've all seen performed at conventions and gathering for about 15 years, in one form or another. The suggested retail price is $24.00

Mr. Feinberg has a nice, but rather cozy approach to card to an impossible location, in this case: a Tic-Tac box.

Unfortunately it looked like Mr. Feinberg needed to practice the actual performance of the trick, when it came time to remove the card from the Tic-Tac box they changed camera angles twice! ( After further review, the overhead camera angle was spliced in from another performance and still looked awkward) At that point it looked like Mr. Feinberg was trying to get a good grip on a baseball bat.

The explanation was reasonably well thought out and actually was better than the performance. It was interesting enough to compel me to make and play with the "Sonata-like" gimmick but it will be something I show to my buddies this afternoon and probably put on the shelf.

As with the few Black's Magic Group videos I've seen, the image is clear with a minimum of washout but for some reason there is a "Muzak-ish" 2 1/2 minute loop playing about a notch or two too loudly, occasionally interfering with the soft spoken Mr. Feinberg's explanation.

Though there are several other Tic-Tac box tricks, none were mentioned as an inspiration.

So....30 minute single trick video with 12 minutes of stuff, $24.00 suggested retail, poor performance, reasonable explanation, loud, boring background music, that's it in a nutshell.

Dave

Return to “Light from the Lamp ONLINE.”