Bunny Business

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.
Spellbinder

Bunny Business

Postby Spellbinder » June 18th, 2013, 1:13 pm

Wiz Kid Qua-Fiki has come up with a flurry of cute jumbo card packet effects based on the theme of cute bunny rabbits for his last offering to The Wizards' Journal (#25) as a Wiz Kid. His birthday is at the end of this month and he will no longer be a performing Wiz Kid, but an adult trustee of The Wiz Kids, Inc. To mark the transition, he has begun having these Bunny Business effects professionally produced by a card company and while you can still make them yourself following his e-Book instructions, you will enjoy having them ready made for you... well almost. You will still have to make the trick card boxes and other gimmicks he has come up with if you want to do the full routines. I guess the next thing is he will "hit the lecture trail" in his new (used) car when he gets his driver's license. How fast they grow!
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Spellbinder

Re: Bunny Business

Postby Spellbinder » September 3rd, 2013, 2:08 pm

Qua-Fiki's "Big, Bad Bunnies" starts with a plot like Tenkai's "Homing Card", in which the Big Bad Wolf keeps reappearing among the bunnies, but then the wolf begins reappearing wearing different disguises (which are obvious to the kids and get them screaming when they see each new disguise). Finally the wolf is safely caged and the REAL trick can begin, which is making one of the rabbits freely chosen by the audience, disappear. It all goes astray when ALL of the bunnies disappear and end up on a single card, and just for good measure, the wolf vanishes from his cage and goes back to the story of the Three Little Pigs where he belongs. I don't think Qua-Fiki will be able to top this one, but I've learned never to underestimate his clever thinking.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Return to “Children's Entertainment”