Piaget's conservation tasks

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.
Tom Stone

Piaget's conservation tasks

Postby Tom Stone » October 24th, 2012, 10:57 am

For those, who like I, think that David Kaye's book is essential reading - here's an amazing demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=gnArvcWaH6I

Curtis Kam

Re: Piaget's conservation tasks

Postby Curtis Kam » October 24th, 2012, 5:58 pm

Very nicely shot and produced, thanks very much for that. The last thing with the Graham Crackers reminds me of Steve Mayhew's "Bugs Bunny Poker Deal". Maybe I should include a 4.5 year old kid as a participant when I do that routine.

Now, if only someone would do the same sort of thing showing the differences between the ways men and women think, the world would be a calmer place. And a lot of standup comedians would be out of work.

CraigOusterling
Favorite Magician: All the dead ones.

Postby CraigOusterling » October 25th, 2012, 4:46 pm

Curtis... last time I saw you do "the kitties" in San Diego, you turned your vict... *coughcough* spectators into 4.5 year olds! The psychology can be used against... *AHEM* I mean to your advantage no matter the age of the victator!

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » April 20th, 2013, 5:16 am

A good example of how adults can be turned into 4 year olds, Piaget-wise, is by using the Paul Curry "Case of the Missing Hat," also revised as Marcom's "Leprechauns" and most recently Qua-Fiki's "The Mystery of the Missing Carrot" from The Wizards' Journal #25. Qua-Fiki uses this on his high school classmates and has them flummoxed as to where the carrot goes and then how it returns, even though they carefully count with one-to-one correspondence every carrot and every rabbit. His version proves the bunnies and carrots don't all have to look the same for it to work, and blank backs are not necessary, either.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Return to “Children's Entertainment”