Quality multiplying wands

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.
Umpa Duze

Quality multiplying wands

Postby Umpa Duze » November 26th, 2011, 6:37 pm

Hi All,
I am interested in purchasing a set of multiplying wands to use in the standard kid show manner in which the child ends up with wands in each hand, under the arms and neck. Does anyone have a recommendation for a manufacturer that makes a good quality set? Any brands I should avoid?

Thanks,
Umpa

Umpa Duze

Re: Quality multiplying wands

Postby Umpa Duze » November 27th, 2011, 11:21 pm

I came across a thread on Magic Cafe and decided on the Ickle Pickle version. I saw a European model advertised, but could not find any information about it to check it out.

Thanks for your consideration on this topic.
Cheers,
Umpa Duze

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » November 28th, 2011, 12:14 pm

Jim Gerrish describes how to make "Multiplying Crayons" for his "Coloring Book Routine" in the Kid Magic section on my site. It's just like the Multiplying Wands, but they appear to be large crayons for use with any tricks that involve coloring. He makes them from jumbo sized plastic knitting needles found in sewing shops or craft stores.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Umpa Duze

Postby Umpa Duze » December 5th, 2011, 1:10 am

Thanks Spellbinder.
Umpa

rickfishercolon

Postby rickfishercolon » June 9th, 2012, 11:03 am

We own the rights to Bev Bergeron's Multiplying Wand - the original version - these don't nest as in other versions and they are made here in Colon and don't break! :)

Steve Hook

Postby Steve Hook » June 9th, 2012, 8:55 pm

rickfishercolon wrote:We own the rights to Bev Bergeron's Multiplying Wand - the original version - these don't nest as in other versions and they are made here in Colon and don't break! :)

But a couple of years ago, I had a heck of a bad time getting you to ship the wands I had paid for, Rick. This included you putting me off by telling me twice that you'd shipped them, when you hadn't.

To everyone else: If you want to have a better chance of timely delivery, I'd call and verify they have some sets made up. If "Yes", then I'd ask when they'll be shipped. These steps might get you better customer service than I got.

Steve H

Danny Orleans

Postby Danny Orleans » December 9th, 2012, 9:35 pm

I make my own nesting/multiplying wands out of PVC Pipe.

magicrobharv

Postby magicrobharv » December 10th, 2012, 9:38 am

Danny,

What size of PVC pipe do you use? How many wands are finally produced? I've been wondering about this for awhile on how to make these wands myself since I have been unhappy with the multiplying wands I have purchased. By the way, since I'm a Genii subscriber, I photocopied your Pediatrix column from all the Genii magazines I have and comb-bound it. It's one of my "Go To" resources for ideas. Your column was great. Especially using a cigar box to make Jack Gwynne's "Flip-Over-Box." Thanks.

Return to “Children's Entertainment”