Silken Saga

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.

Silken Saga

Postby Guest » August 8th, 2007, 2:31 pm

Is anyone familiar with Tyler's Silken Saga? I think it is one of the greatest kids effects ever, but rarely seen these days. JR

Spellbinder

Re: Silken Saga

Postby Spellbinder » July 12th, 2008, 2:40 am

It is a great effect, but few even know about it, especially in the USA. Magicians who do it are very secretive about it and try not to include it in the programme if they know another magician is out there watching. This has kept it out of the hands of the incompetent for many years.

I saw a rather poor presentation on YouTube recently, but the poor klutz was so bad I don't think anyone would know it was an attempt to do Tyler's Silken Saga.

If you see a magician performing it correctly, it will blow you away and you will roll around on the floor laughing for days. At least, that's always the effect it has had on me.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Jolly Roger

Postby Jolly Roger » July 12th, 2008, 12:25 pm

I would have to say that Silken Saga is the jewel of children's entertainment. I rarely perform it these days for the very reason that Spellbinder says. I am paranoid about there being a magician in the audience. I find it plays as well to an audience of children as to one of adults. I will warn you in advance that I do not want anyone emailing me for further information, as it will not be forthcoming! JR
www.ComicMagician.com
www.Magician.US.com
www.BestAssemblies.com
www.SpiritualStage.com

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » July 14th, 2008, 4:24 am

Jolly Roger wrote: I will warn you in advance that I do not want anyone emailing me for further information, as it will not be forthcoming! JR

I guess we'd better let this thread disappear quietly, because I'm starting to get PM's and e-mails from the curious as well. I'm referring them to Mark Lewis for more information. He always claims that mere mention of his name on a forum is enough to get a thread locked, so we'll see if it's true.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » July 14th, 2008, 3:49 pm

When does the product launch?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » July 31st, 2008, 3:02 pm

Nice....brag about an effect up to the point someone might actually learn something, then shut the door in our faces ! Hmmm.....sounds like old fishermen talking about the big one that got away.

Just kidding guys. Of course we would ALL love to be able to put that in our shows....

8~)
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S
CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » July 31st, 2008, 3:36 pm

Okay... where the nook is it?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » August 12th, 2012, 1:52 pm

I have heard that it may be released in April of 2013. Just a rumor, of course, but rumors are usually spread for some purpose.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » March 23rd, 2013, 3:58 am

As April of 2013 draws nearer, I have to quell the rumor that Tyler's Silken Saga will be released this year, or any year in the foreseeable future. I am already getting requests for reservations, so as not to waste anyone's time please put me down for two if anyone else is bringing it to market, otherwise know that the Nook has None.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Q. Kumber
Favorite Magician: Tom Whitestone

Postby Q. Kumber » March 23rd, 2013, 10:37 am

Tyler's original version was published in The Magic Wand without his permission.

Eric Sharp's handling and routine was published in one of his books.

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » March 24th, 2013, 3:59 pm

Tyler's original version was published in The Magic Wand without his permission.

Eric Sharp's handling and routine was published in one of his books.

Leave it to a Q. Kumber to mention a magic magazine without listing the issue number, month and year of publication (page would be nice as well). It's so very British to assume that each magician owns every single one of Eric Sharp's books and can go scrambling off to the library to find the exact tome needed to check the veracity of a garden vegetable. Not that I'm a sour pickle about such things, but even a cucumber could be a bit more helpful.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Return to “Children's Entertainment”