Wizard or Witchcraft?

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.

Wizard or Witchcraft?

Postby Guest » August 6th, 2007, 10:44 pm

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/Jerr ... ments=true

I find this is most interesting! JR

Re: Wizard or Witchcraft?

Postby Guest » August 7th, 2007, 3:06 am

Is it odd to form an opinion of a book one has not read in a society which tells children "you can't judge a book by its cover"? One is led to ask the question about how such strong opinions can be installed along with a fear of knowledge.

IMHO it's simpler to address the behavior than to fuss over each group's excuses. If it travels in packs, foams at the mouth, barks at the moon ... maybe it's not a duck.

[DS: Edited for content.]

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 7th, 2007, 4:59 am

This is really pushing the envelope, so let us be VERY careful here.

Also, there are a couple spoilers in the piece, so if you haven't finished the book, beware. There are some interesting factoids, however, that I didn't know. Fascinating reading.

I think the last book is the best of the lot, by the way. I finished the last 300 pages in one sitting. I couldn't put it down.

Dustin

Postby Guest » August 7th, 2007, 5:45 am

Dustin, folks, there's no need to get into the spoilers about the HP story. On page 250 here and savoring the read here.

The issue raised in the article is how some have complained about JKRowling's work based upon the color of its cloak as opposed to the content of its characters.

Anyway that's my perspective.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 7th, 2007, 6:39 am

My warning has less to do with the spoilers versus the religious aspects of the piece and our rule on this site regarding the subject.

Thats my perspective.

Dustin

Return to “Children's Entertainment”