Flash Cards

Discuss the art of Children's Entertainment with your fellow performers.
Mark Pettey

Flash Cards

Postby Mark Pettey » January 30th, 2008, 5:11 pm

After seeing the ads for the new Flash Cards that will be marketed by Creative Magic, I decided to call Brian at his toll free number.

The idea of finally having a deck of cards that young children can identify was too exciting to not investigate !

Well, to make a long story short, Brian sent me three decks, the Svengali, the Shaved, and an ungimmicked deck. The instructions were not back from the printers, but since I am familiar with the handling of the two trick decks (and who on this forum isn't ?) I told Brian it was OK to send them. The instruction should be ready for them in a few days, and he will soon have the DVD available for the Memorized Deck he is producing.

Guys, these are AWESOME ! Brightly colored, with graphics that any child can identify. Best of all, the "M" card is a magician.

All I can say is that my mind is spinning with ideas on all the ways these can be used.

I highly recommend you check these out.

Flashcards

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S
CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Spellbinder

Re: Flash Cards

Postby Spellbinder » February 1st, 2008, 3:45 am

Those look excellent, Mark! For the past few years I have been using decks of cards for children's games like Old Maid, and Go Fish. My grandson recently put me onto the children's Matching Card Games, where you have two of each card in the deck. The advantage to the Match Game cards is that you can usually find them with pictures for modern party themes, like Sponge Bob Squarepants, Barbie, and Spiderman. I wrote up a few ideas for using them for The Wizards' Journal #14 on my site in the article entitled "Magic With Themed Party Goods." Although the photos show the Halloween theme being used, they work equally well with Harry Potter, Little Nemo, other seasonal themes and the whole array of stuff you find in party goods stores.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » February 1st, 2008, 5:16 am

Just waiting for the story tricks where you spell out words and can lose that line about a "two dollar tip".
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Gordon Meyer
Favorite Magician: Uri

Postby Gordon Meyer » February 3rd, 2008, 6:56 am

Thanks for that link, Mark. I'm glad you posted this, because the recent ads in the magazines left me scratching my head. It's inconceivable to me how one can hope to sell non-standard cards without showing their design. But the website does show the faces and box. The only surprise left is what the backs look like.

Mark Pettey

Postby Mark Pettey » February 3rd, 2008, 4:17 pm

The backs have three large letters, ABC, in primary colors, floating on a solid blue oval. They look so harmless ! It was amazing how I was able to do simple things with the Svengali deck in front of my wife, and she was completely fooled. If you knew my wife, you would know that is NOT an easy task ! The fact that they were not Bikes, Aviators, Bees, or any other "normal" looking playing cards made all the difference in the world.

Mark Pettey
ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER
Naples, FL
Mark Pettey

Naples, FL

ROBBiE the RiNGMASTER'S

CiRCUS of MAGiC!

Gordon Meyer
Favorite Magician: Uri

Postby Gordon Meyer » February 4th, 2008, 8:13 am

Thanks, Mark. So it's a one-way back design, good to know.

Return to “Children's Entertainment”