Kansas City Area

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
MJLauck
Favorite Magician: Harry Anderson

Kansas City Area

Postby MJLauck » July 17th, 2017, 8:05 pm

I have relocated from St. Louis to Kansas City... it took a year to sell our St. Louis home so I could join my wife and daughters on the other side of the state! Now I am settled (more or less), have adjusted to my new day job (which, for the first time in a decade is actually a day job) and am recovering from that pesky hospital stay earlier in the year, I am looking to meet some other magicians. I have known Phil at US Toy Magic Shop for years and talk to him at least once a week... but where else should I be going? I tried to contact the local IBM but they never responded to my email. Anybody know which eateries (hopefully gluten free... it is a medical condition, not a choice) have magicians? We used to visit the area fairly often about a decade ago when my mother in law lived in the KC suburbs and I remember there being another magic shop in Blue Springs (off of 7 as I recall); is that still around somewhere?

I am specifically in the Lee's Summit area but Siri gets me around the greater KC metro. Thanks!
Michael L.

If you could really perform magic, would you be more like Merlin or Superman?

Curtis The Mentalist
Favorite Magician: What is this, third grade?

Re: Kansas City Area

Postby Curtis The Mentalist » July 18th, 2018, 6:03 pm

MJ, so you've never received a response to this thread? I realize it's a bit old but thought I'd take a stab at responding. I'm based in Wichita. A full time pro. I come to KC fairly frequently for corporate shows and have some friends that live in the area. Feel free to reach out any time. I'm pretty easy to find.
Curtis Waltermire
Mentalist/Speaker/Actor/Army Veteran/Grandpa/Cool Dad & Above-Average Husband
https://CurtisTheMentalist.com
https://MastermindShowComedy.com

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”