Shawn Farquhar Lecture - Chicago Sept. 10

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Mike Kamlet

Shawn Farquhar Lecture - Chicago Sept. 10

Postby Mike Kamlet » August 31st, 2010, 7:28 pm

IBM Ring 43 Presents a Chicago-land exclusive lecture by

FISM Grand Prix Champion, Shawn Farquhar

Friday September 10, 2010 7:30 PM
Saint Francis Hospital, South Conference Room
355 Ridge Ave
Evanston IL
Guests $15

In 2009 at FISM Bejing, China, Shawn won both the Grand Prix World Champion of Close-Up, and World Champion of Cards, a feat never before accomplished by any other magician. In 2001 he was awarded First Place in I.B.M.'s Gold Cups Close-Up Competition. He was also declared Society of American Magicians Close-Up Champion. These are just a few of the
many awards earned by Shawn.

Shawn will begin the evening by performing his FISM winning act. This alone would be worth coming to see.

Shawn's Bread and Butter lecture will cover many of Shawn's signature routines including MatriXpress, the fastest coin assembly ever; Photo Finish, a transposition with a twist; MagiCd, magic for the digital age; Tagged, a magic effect with a laugh; Signed Card to Wallet, too easy and yet deceptive; Blown Away, a visual card effect; the Deck Switch, the work behind the scenes; and Torn 2 Pieces (performed on the Ellen DeGeneres Show) the torn and almost restored photo.

Hes the magic equivalent of one of the seven great wonders of the world. Once you have seen him, youll never forget Shawn Farquhar.

Graham Hey, Magic Seen Magazine, Europes #1 Magic Magazine

Shawn Farquhars lecture is fantastic and his sense of humor makes it even more fantastic. He got standing ovations both at FFFF 2010 and the following week at the Canadian Association of Magicians convention. I would put his lecture as the best one I have seen in the last five years and I would watch it over and over again if I could. His thinking is brilliant. Shawn will be heard of around the world for his contributions to magic in the next 10 years.

Obie OBrien

CHRIS

Re: Shawn Farquhar Lecture - Chicago Sept. 10

Postby CHRIS » September 2nd, 2010, 3:20 pm

I had the pleasure of spending 7 weeks in Athens with Shawn. This guy is a magic work horse he never stops. He performed 24/7 it was amazing to watch. In his lecture Shawn teaches his deck switch which is by far worth the price of admission. I do his routine for the omni deck and it never fails to be the strongest reaction in my set.

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”