U.S. Toy Co. Leawood, KS

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Tortuga

U.S. Toy Co. Leawood, KS

Postby Tortuga » September 3rd, 2009, 9:36 pm

Hey, if you are passing through the Kansas City, MO area, make sure to budget some time in to stop by U.S. Toy Co.

The shop is in Leawood, KS which is just over the Mo/Kan state line. In fact, it is just off of Stateline Road and I-435.

If you go in the late afternoon, there are several young magicians that work the magic part of the store and they are very nice, thoughtful and enthusiastic demonstrators.

I stop in once a month to purchase Genii. I know, I can save money with a subscription, but this gets me in the door to see what is new and to have conversations with the staff. Last night I had a conversation with two of the young demonstrators that ranged from stage magic and the lack of venues nowadays to how much to charge for private parties.

We talked about some of the current gossip in the industry and discussed hidden gems in many of the books that they stock. This store probably has more books, both hardback and softbound, in stock than I have ever seen. Old books, newer books and the latest offerings.

The rest of the store is toys and educational stuff. The entire store is huge, it is truly amazing.

I have no financial interest in the store, this is not a paid advertisement. Just wanting to share a very positive experience.

Oh, by the way, they have lectures regularly. Ammar and Carney are just two that are on the schedule in the coming months.
It's never crowded on the extra mile.....

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”