John B. Born Lectures at Rogue Productions - Nov. 8th

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

John B. Born Lectures at Rogue Productions - Nov. 8th

Postby Guest » September 21st, 2006, 9:19 pm

Rogue Productions Lecture Series
Proudly Presents
Award-Winning Magician, Creator, Writer

JOHN B. BORN JOHN B. BORN JOHN B. BORN JOHN B. BORN

Wednesday, November 8th at 7:00pm

Don't miss this rare opportunity to learn from a TOP PRO!

Seats are limited, so please reserve early to guarantee accommodation.

Tickets are ONLY $25.00 per person & $20.00 for MFP Members.

85-08 Queens Boulevard (right across from Wendy's)

- HOW TO GET TICKETS

ROGUE PRODUCTIONS
718-505-0316

ROGUE PRODUCTIONS Box Office
85-08 Queens Boulevard
(right off Grand Avenue)
Monday - Sunday 1:00PM - 9:00PM (Closed Wednesdays)

Tickets can also be purchased by calling our TICKET HOTLINE at:
917-520-5564

The Lecture

of

John B. Born

Principles and Approach to Sleight-of-Hand Artistry

An Introduction

John B. Born is a performance artist that has dedicated his life to the performance and advancement of the magical arts. Initially apprenticed under his grandfather, John matured his skills while working as the master resident magician for five years at Stevens Magic Emporium in Wichita, and one year at U.S. Toy Magic in Kansas City. He now travels the United States as a full-time entertainer, lecturer, writer, and innovator in the magical arts. He has introduced two instructional books on magic, and is featured on ten instructional DVDs filmed out of Las Vegas and Reno. His performances have earned multiple national championships, including first place in the International Brotherhood of Magicians Gold Cups competition, the Magi-Fest, as well as the Mid-West Magic Jubilee. His creations have been recognized in every major periodical for magicians, including The Linking Ring, Magic Magazine, Genii Magazine, and Channel One. Though initially based out of the Mid-West, John has performed in cities all across the country including Las Vegas, New York City, Hollywood, Chicago, Kansas City, Boston, Orlando, Dallas, Atlanta, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Baltimore, Philadelphia, and Reno to name a few. John has recently moved from Kansas City for opportunities in New York City.

Details of the Lecture
The lecture of John B. Born focuses on some of the most intricate and beautiful plots close-up magic has to offer, and is divided into three main components (over two hours of instruction). The first session focuses on how advanced preparation will reap great rewards in effect, and demonstrates how to construct routines and utilize principles (instead of difficult sleight-of-hand) in such a way that the performer becomes so far ahead of his audiences that it is not even fair. This includes work on the Any card at any number plot, as well as several other mental magic miracles appropriate for stand-up shows. The second session spotlights beautiful magical offerings from the table, and demonstrates how to take full advantage of gaffs to create miracles not otherwise possible. This session includes (but is far from limited to) extensive work on the Bare-handed Matrix and Translocation plots. The third session focuses on sleight-of-hand techniques for the coin enthusiast. John has created a whole new realm of coin technique out of the development of his Balance Palm, and demonstrates techniques that range from easy-to-learn to extremely advanced. This session also includes many great pointers on well known coin techniques with regard to the importance of movement and motivation. The material covered varies in difficulty from nearly self-working to I cant believe he just did that. Whether one is interested in thought and motivation behind basic technique, fascinated by intense principles with (and without) a memorized deck, or engrossed in knuckle-busting sleight-of-hand, the lecture of John B. Born will be an event not soon forgotten.

As featured at the Magic Castle, the Las Vegas Magic Invitational, Tannens Jubilee, Minneapolis Close-Up Convention, SAM # 1 New York City, Gary Darwins Vegas Club, Denny and Lees, East Coast Magic, Marc DeSouzas Theater, etc

The NYC SAM Parent Assembly members were entranced and amazed by John Borns 21st century magic and creativity. Be sure to see Johns lecture for a truly memorable, magical learning experience. Guaranteed! - You will become an instant John Born fan.
- Dr. Ken Krenzel New York City, NY

John Born's lecture was an unqualified HIT! I've had so many great comments from the attendees and they all enjoyed it immensely. There are some great presentational lessons to be learned from it, as well as some GREAT MAGIC. The Any Card At Any Number was worth the price of the lecture...two great, very practical solutions for the real working magician. Thanks for coming and sharing your magic.

- Marc DeSouza Philadelphia, PA

If you're looking for hard-hitting, visual close-up magic, look no further. John has developed a variety of effects for various skill levels that look like real magic.

- Danny Archer (organizer of the Las Vegas Magic Invitational)

"John Born has some of the most visual magic that I have ever seen! His creativity and unique developments never cease to amaze me. I can always count on John to totally destroy my brain."

- Jason Dean St. Joe, MO Close-Up Magician / Musician

John B. Born is not only one of the most talented magicians I've come across in all my years in magic but he is also a fantastic innovator of magic. I've had John lecture at my shop and he was rated, by all attended, as one of the best lecturers they have had the pleasure to see. I can only say that when I was his age, I wish I had his talent and mind for magic. To describe John, only one word comes to mindBrilliant."

- John Blake (Owner/East Coast Magic in State College, PA)

John's lecture in New York City was a big success. Not only is he a creative thinker and a skilled technician, he is a charming and entertaining performer. His material appealed to the novices and advanced members of our group. I highly recommend him to any magic club or convention looking for a great lecturer.
Ken Schwabe Vice President SAM #1 Manhattan, NY

Re: John B. Born Lectures at Rogue Productions - Nov. 8th

Postby Guest » September 22nd, 2006, 9:32 am

is he going to to di McDOnald's aces....

good trick but I swear I have seen in somewhere before...

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”