Magical Points in New York

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.
Hanno
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, John Gaughn, David Copperfield, Norbert, Ferré,.....

Magical Points in New York

Postby Hanno » June 26th, 2005, 2:25 am

Hi everybody. Every year some friends and I make a magical trip to an exciting place in the world of magic. After Paris last year, we decided this year to come to New York in december 2005 (3. - 11.)
So we are intrested to see magic shows, shops, meet magicians, etc.
If you have some information about NY and its Magic please give us some informations.

Thank you
Hanno, Markus & Werni

Brian Marks

Re: Magical Points in New York

Postby Brian Marks » June 26th, 2005, 7:23 am

Every Saturday Maui Taco 33rd and 5th 1pm on

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » June 26th, 2005, 12:22 pm

Definitely stop by Tannen's, which is found at 45 W. 34th St., Suite 608, between 5th and 6th Aves. http://www.tannens.com

Also, just around the block is Cafe Rustico, where you can find folks like Sol Stone, Wesley James, etc, on Saturday afternoons between 12 and 6 or so. That's on 35th between 5th and 6th. Brian already mentioned Maui Taco, which is where you'll generally find Doug Edwards and other folks.

Finally, check out Monday Night Magic if you have the opportunity. They just recently moved to a new theater which I hear is their best place yet. http://www.mondaynightmagic.com

-Jim

Postby Guest » October 13th, 2005, 12:46 pm

What ever happened to the famous Fridays at the Polish Tea Room? Does anyone still go there, or have I been out of the business too long?

Brian Marks

Postby Brian Marks » October 13th, 2005, 1:35 pm

Never even heard of that

Kevin Connolly

Postby Kevin Connolly » October 14th, 2005, 11:15 pm

Don't forget to go to 278 West 113th street. ;)
Please visit my website.
http://houdinihimself.com/
I buy,sell + trade Houdini, Hardeen items.

Postby Guest » December 1st, 2005, 9:09 am

You should also try to catch Simon Lovell's show at the SoHo Playhouse on Saturday night, and Steve Cohn Chamber Magic show on Friday if tickets are still available...

Tom Klem

Postby Tom Klem » December 4th, 2005, 8:29 am

Dear Hanno Rhomberg:

The S.A.M. Magic Table continues to meet on Fridays at the Edison Hotel Cafe on 47th Street between Broadway and 8th Ave. in Manhattan. They meet from 12:30 to 3:00. This past month some of the vistors to the Table were George and Nina Schindler, Lee and Jerry Oppenheimer, Eric DeCamps, Bob Friedhoffer, Torkova, Ed Goldsmith. Tony Robins, and Albert Lasher. I am always there as the host.

Starting at the Hotel Dixie this Magic Table has met in Times Square since the early 1940s. A that time NYC was the hub of the magic world and many magicians gathered weekdays at the Table.

Today the gathering at the Table usually is small - 5 to 6 people. I would visit Maui Tacos at 330 Fifth Avenue (32nd Street and 5th) on Saturday afternoon and" the Pizza place" Rustico's on 35th St between 5th and 6th Avenues the same day.There different magicians at each of these locations.

If you or any of the Genii Forum members are in NYC please join us at the Table. If you have question you can reach me at my office at 212 725 5258.

Best,

Tom Klem
Artist/Historian
Trustee and Archivist of the S.A.M. Parent Assembly
Host of the Magic Table

Hanno
Favorite Magician: Ricky Jay, John Gaughn, David Copperfield, Norbert, Ferré,.....

Postby Hanno » December 22nd, 2005, 9:22 am

thank you for all your informations.
I visited monday night magic, steve cohens chamber magic, simon lovell (was not at the theatre without notice) meet some magicians.
One of the most magical things was
Flawas Snowstorm (somewhere around astor place)starring Derek Scott from Toronto. Great Show even without magic tricks but very magical.
NY is a great place.
Hanno

Postby Guest » December 28th, 2005, 10:45 am

wondering if these regular NYC events will still be going on this week (dec. 28 (today) - dec. 31 or jan. 1)

i can't seem to find much in the way of magic venues in nyc this week. i am not a magician, but i would love to see live magic while i am in the city as there is next to nothing available where i live in indiana.

any info appriciated!

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”