Magic Shop Reviews

Where local magicians eat, meet, and greet.

Magic Shop Reviews

Postby Guest » December 27th, 2005, 12:06 am

I have created a site where you can review your local magic shops. I recently went traveling around the country and found no site where you can find magic shops in diffrent states. I thoguth to myself I will start reviewing magic shops around the country. So I started a website where not just myself but everyone can submit reviews about magic shops you have been to. Please contribute by reviewing your local magic shop at www.magicshopreviews.com

Re: Magic Shop Reviews

Postby Guest » December 27th, 2005, 12:04 pm

Hmmm...it looks as if the owners have gone on to this site and posted their own reviews. Except for poor Mr. Ash and Magic Inc. I guess if the sq footage of your show room is tiny than the shop is not that good. I have always found TREASURES when visiting Ash's. I guess the sayin "One man's trash..." As for Magic Inc. It has been in business for 80 years! I have been to ALL of the local Chicago shops. They all have something to offer. That is the great thing about Chicago! Many magic shops means MANY magics!!! PJ's is wonderful and Midwest Magic ROCKS!

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » December 27th, 2005, 1:31 pm

Ash's magic shop is a great place: whoever posted that dumb review really doesn't know that a messy magic shop can also be a place where lots of old stuff is hidden.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » December 27th, 2005, 3:31 pm

Indeed!!! The same goes for Magic Inc. if THAT dust could talk!!!

Postby Guest » December 27th, 2005, 7:26 pm

Most of the reviews have been reviewd by myself. I have got a few reviews latly that seem to good to be true and have scheduled a visit for myself to go to those magic shops and review them myself. I want to make sure all reviews are honest and not just the owners reviewing them. But please keep sending in the reviews. They are great!

George Olson

Postby George Olson » December 28th, 2005, 11:33 am

My experience with the Chicago shops spans almost 70 years! My last visit to Magic, Inc. bothered me with a feeling of dejvue -

Visiting with the extremely helpful guy "behind" the counter I mentioned this...

He said it's probably the decor...

All the display cases and decor were from the old National Magic Company in the Palmer House lorded over by Herman Homar and Vic Torsberg!

What a great feeling to remember going into Joe Berg's or "Irelands" and National asking for something and have them go into the back room and produce it.

GO

Postby Guest » February 6th, 2006, 9:21 am

Some shops that really impressed me were:

Browsers Den- Jeff (the owner) gives you plenty of time to browse (hense the name of the store), a table to sit down at and hang out, offers great suggestions, and is really well stocked.

Dennys (Maryland)- Great guy, great stock, great atmasphere, and a giant pig (named baby. Really). What more could you want?

Midwest Magic- Big stock, nice guys, and just a hop and skip away from fun inc and magic inc.

Thats my notable 3 right now.

Gord

Postby Gord » February 6th, 2006, 10:10 am

Originally posted by Nordatrax:
Some shops that really impressed me were:

Browsers Den- Jeff (the owner) gives you plenty of time to browse (hense the name of the store), a table to sit down at and hang out, offers great suggestions, and is really well stocked.
I agree with the review of The Browsers Den of Magic (in Toronto). It's where I shop and browse and chat. I've never felt the pressure to buy there (and man, have I bought there.)

Gord

Postby Guest » March 4th, 2006, 5:33 am

Anyone been to the new magic shop in Waterloo yet ?

Wolfgang

Postby Wolfgang » March 4th, 2006, 11:50 am

Frank, since you are in Waterloo yourself would it not be easy for you to take a look?

Return to “Magician's Local Hangouts”