Convention Calendar

Flying around the world for the perfect magic convention? Save some dough and share your room.
Spellbinder

Convention Calendar

Postby Spellbinder » July 25th, 2005, 10:58 pm

I am hosting a Magic Convention and Magical Event Calendar on my web-site (www.magicnook.com )because I was not satisfied with the current ones available on the Internet that are cluttered with recurring local shows and which wait for someone on the convention committee to post the information. Instead, I actively go around and seek out the information to try to make it as complete and International as possible. I also check all the links to make sure they actually work. If you are planning your year around travel to magic events, you'll find it useful.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Chris Aguilar

Re: Convention Calendar

Postby Chris Aguilar » July 25th, 2005, 11:24 pm

I think magic magazine prints a good yearly calendar of magic conventions and so on, but I'm guessing you're probably aware of that.

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » August 5th, 2005, 5:56 pm

Thanks, Chris. There are a lot of good convention sources both on and off the internet, but the advantage to an Internet source is that you can easily find out about last minute changes, you can often register on-line as a convenience, get driving directions, etc. The main problem that I've found is with broken links or out of date information left over from last year's convention. Often these Internet calendars are either on "automatic" or it is up to someone from the convention committee to submit the info and they make a mess of it.

What I am trying to do to make a difference is to check each link, make sure the info is current, and go actively in pursuit of these conventions and get togethers. I have also begun to add conventions for Clowns, Jugglers, and Ventriloquists, since many magicians are also involved in these pursuits. If anyone notices an event missing from my calendar, just e-mail me and I will add it or correct it right away.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Postby Guest » August 11th, 2005, 7:21 am

i just went out and looked at your calendar. personally i like it. everything is right there and with the links you provided i can go straight to the conventions home page to get information on the convention. very nice...thank you...

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » August 11th, 2005, 9:00 am

They haven't updated their web site, but you should add the World Magic Seminar, Feb 19-22 2006.

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » August 12th, 2005, 10:05 am

Thanks for the info, Steve, but I'll wait until they get serious enough to start posting on their own Web site. I have seen too many of these things fall through and I see various Web sites still advertising the "next" convention in 2001, and so on. But thanks for the tip and I'll keep checking back on their site to see if they update it for 2006.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Spellbinder

Postby Spellbinder » September 10th, 2005, 5:50 am

It looks like the World Magic Seminar is officially on, so I've added it to the calendar, as well as a link to Lance Burton's Teen Weekend. Thanks again, Steve.
Phineas Spellbinder
The Magic Nook

Postby Guest » September 27th, 2005, 5:11 pm

I contacted the folks at the World Magic Seminar 2 months ago and was told the contact person was out of town. I was told to call back. I emailed and asked if an itinerary was available as the web sight only had last years info. I was assured that the web site would be updated with in a week. Didn't happen Hmmm.. I wonder.
I'll probably still go because Denny Heany said it's a blast.
I would still like to have a game plan though. Any help would be appreciated.

Postby Guest » September 27th, 2005, 5:26 pm

Never Mind Folks.
I went on spellbinders sight and found my info. Sorry WMS.

It's hard to say I'm sorry with my foot in my mouth.
See ya all in Feb

Return to “Convention Room Mate Finder”