Antinomy

Talk about what is being written in other magic publications.
AJM

Antinomy

Postby AJM » November 2nd, 2008, 12:32 pm

Delighted to see the 2007 CD Annual appear in my letterbox during the past week, although wonder if we'll see another issue this year.
Last I heard from Gene there was another issue in the pipeline - anyone heard anything recently?
I appreciate it can't be easy to publish a magazine in one's spare time - I take my hat off to Gene for the great job he has done so far.

Cheers

Andrew

DrDanny

Re: Antinomy

Postby DrDanny » November 2nd, 2008, 2:22 pm

From the intro to the Annual ....
"I can say the odds are good that by year's end, all four of the year's issues will have found their way out. I've got something special planned for Issue 16. You'll find out more about that over the remaining month's [sic] of this year."

I note that he didn't explicitly state which year's end. But I agree, I'll cut him some slack, and look forward to more.

Dave Egleston

Postby Dave Egleston » December 2nd, 2008, 12:39 pm

I got the latest ANTINOMY issue last weekend and was glad to see it but was disheartened with the information that issue 16 will be the last.

As with all the other high quality - small circulation magazines to which I've subscribed, I'm sorry to see the end.

Unlike most other magazines that have been discontinued, Mr. Taylor was communicative about the delays and made no specific promises after he fell behind. Personally, I'd rather see a high quality magazine come 6 months late rather than something slapped together to make a deadline and Mr. Taylor has not caved into the snide comments and stood by the standards he set with his very first issue.

Dave

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » December 2nd, 2008, 9:20 pm

I absolutely agree 100%, Dave!

It is amazing Gene Taylor has been able to keep up such high standard of quality throughout the run. (JIS's and JR's articles have been worth the price of admission all by themselves, IMHO.)

Mr. Taylor says that he will spell out the "why's of it all" in the last issues, but everytime this happens, I can't help but think of RK's introduction to "The Collected Almanac".

Antinomy will be sorely missed...

Return to “Other Magic Publications”