Oh My Gawd! It's here again?

Talk about what is being written in other magic publications.
Doomo

Oh My Gawd! It's here again?

Postby Doomo » March 18th, 2004, 3:09 pm

Yes, Channel One has reared its ugly head, and will be shootin to you as fast as the postal snails allow!

The Vegas Issue ( actually, our second one) contains sufficient drivel from the likes of Paul Alberstat, Tim Noonan, Andrew Wimhurst, Allan Ackerman, Gary Darwin, Tom Frame, Sean Fields, Keith Pascal and Lee Asher to satisfy those morbid urges you have while sitting in the potty room.. The "loo" for our European readers. And in case of "emergency" our magazine is printed on highly absorbent paper! Just try handling montezuma's revenge with slick papered mags like Magic and Genii!

Oh Yes! And the centerfold bonus effect is something that we feel will replace the sponge bunnies in the hearts of performers everywhere... The SIGNED card to Nipple Ring! It's a winner! Just ask Max Maven!
RFA Productions yeah... It is cool stuff.

www.rfaproductions.com

Jeff Eline

Re: Oh My Gawd! It's here again?

Postby Jeff Eline » April 5th, 2004, 6:43 am

Has the latest issue hit the streets yet?

Doomo

Postby Doomo » April 5th, 2004, 6:52 am

Yes it has Jeff. And depending on the vagaries of the U.S. postal system, you should have it quite soon... Some very cool shtuff! And wait till ya see the SIGNED card to nipple ring.. It is the bomb!

www.rfaproductions.com

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » April 5th, 2004, 7:43 am

Originally posted by Doomo:
It is the bomb!
WORD!

Doomo

Postby Doomo » April 5th, 2004, 8:42 am

Originally posted by Jeff Eline:
Originally posted by Doomo:
[b] It is the bomb!
WORD! [/b]
TRUE

www.rfaproductions.com

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 5th, 2004, 12:37 pm

I have seen the signed card to nipple ring. It was performed by a man (which made it far less interesting than it otherwise would have been), however it was a great trick. Totally unexpected. Definitely speaks to a different generation than our own.
And, for those with a Prince Albert, it really opens up a new vista in card magic.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Doomo

Postby Doomo » April 5th, 2004, 12:42 pm

You realise Richard, that you will have a contingent of readers wondering what a Prince Albert is now. And once they find out, they will wonder how in the hell you knew!

www.rfaproductions.com

Joe M. Turner
Favorite Magician: Fred Kaps

Postby Joe M. Turner » April 5th, 2004, 1:36 pm

Actually, I think we had this discussion here on the Genii Forum once before regarding Reed McClintock's idea about writing a book of magic with tattoos and piercings...

JMT

Postby Guest » April 5th, 2004, 1:38 pm

Not a bad premise really. I may get a Prince Albert just to do the trick! :eek:

Jeff Eline

Postby Jeff Eline » April 5th, 2004, 5:43 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:

And, for those with a Prince Albert, it really opens up a new vista in card magic.
I think Mr. Giobbi just found a new chapter for Card College 6! :eek:

Christopher Starr

Postby Christopher Starr » April 7th, 2004, 4:52 pm

Hmmm...wonder who will be the 1st to WoW everyone with that one? and the FISM closeup winner is....

Doomo

Postby Doomo » April 11th, 2004, 5:51 pm

Only 10 days to go! For those of you who get Channel One, the contest is running! Identify those slices of Las Vegas scenery. The prizes are waiting to be claimed.

www.rfaproductions.com

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » April 11th, 2004, 7:12 pm

The new issue of Channel One is in my hot little hands. Great stuff, but it would be good if Gary Norsigian learned the difference between Cliff Green's "Phoenix Aces" and "Ace of Spades as a Sorcerer's Apprentice," which he repeatedly confuses throughout the description of his trick.
Tim Noonan's "Triple Spellbound" is also excellent--wish I had it for Genii! (But it's the TENKAI Back Pinch, nothing to do with Albert Goshman, aside from the fact that he used it after learning the technique from Sol Stone.)
Add an interesting version of Vernon's "Out of Sight Out of Mind" by Allan Ackerman and the Card on Nipple Ring by Jason Dean and you've got your $12.50 worth.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » April 11th, 2004, 7:52 pm

Re body piercing credits, let it be noted that my own Card on Belly Button Ring appeared several years ago on Joe Stevens' Gemini site as part of The Little Egypt Book of Numbers. Unlike Jason's, the card wasn't signed (though the audience thought it was!), but I exposed cuter body parts. (I used a girl.)

Postby Guest » April 13th, 2004, 10:48 am

For years I was jealous of my braver, kinkier friends sporting Prince Alberts who could wow the folks with the signed card bit. I have recently discovered that the time-honored 'card in bottle' technique can, if the card is rolled tighter, be used to effect an amazing 'card in urethra' routine which nearly duplicates the Prince Albert effect without the burden of extra hardware. (Or software, depending.) In my routine the card is signed, returned to the deck, and when the deck is riffled a tiny pair of tweezers emerges from the pack. Much humor ensues as I coax the spectator into using the tweezers to move from orifice to orifice until finally the card is found, surprisingly, in the very narrowest one. It is true that sometimes as the card is removed my falling tears can smear the signature, but so far it's still been recognized as the original. Not to toot my own horn, so to speak, but I've a good feeling this will find a place in the repretoires of nearly every working restaurant magician. I'm working on a method, which I liken to a [censored] steal, where the card can be found in the same place ON THE SPECTATOR. I've been practicing with my cat and so far I get caught two out of three times and have the scratches to prove it. I'm sure with work I'll get there. I'll keep you, um, posted.

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » April 13th, 2004, 12:13 pm

Originally posted by Dan Huffman:
... 'card in urethra' ...
Ow. Ow. Ow. Ow.

Thanks for making me cringe. ;)

Ow.

-Jim

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » April 13th, 2004, 12:15 pm

For some reason, I have this mental image of a turtle pulling his head back into his shell.

Postby Guest » April 15th, 2004, 3:29 pm

Wow.. I am not sure if the forum for Reed McClintock's tattoo and body piercing book that appeared once here is for real or not (so much sarcasm in these forums) but if it the idea really exists, I have to get in touch with him! I have a few tattoo's I perform with (?) all the time. Anyone know how to get in touch with him?

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » April 15th, 2004, 4:08 pm

Originally posted by Dan Huffman:
... 'card in urethra' ...
Not quite the South Park David Blaine parody trick though this is getting close.
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » April 15th, 2004, 4:31 pm

Next time McClintock is in town, I want to do my card stab with him :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:
Stay tooned.

Curtis Kam

Postby Curtis Kam » April 15th, 2004, 6:33 pm

Eric, Reed leaves for FFFF and then a lecture tour of Europe (France and Spain that I know of, and several other spots as well) in the next couple of days.

Hopefully, you can reach him at ReedmcClintock.com before he leaves.

The Tatoo magic book is definitely a sreious project, and he'd love to hear from you.

Postby Guest » April 17th, 2004, 3:56 pm

The new issue of Channel One is in my hot little hands. Great stuff, but it would be good if Gary Norsigian learned the difference between Cliff Green's "Phoenix Aces" and "Ace of Spades as a Sorcerer's Apprentice," which he repeatedly confuses throughout the description of his trick.
Tim Noonan's "Triple Spellbound" is also excellent--wish I had it for Genii! (But it's the TENKAI Back Pinch, nothing to do with Albert Goshman, aside from the fact that he used it after learning the technique from Sol Stone.)
Add an interesting version of Vernon's "Out of Sight Out of Mind" by Allan Ackerman and the Card on Nipple Ring by Jason Dean and you've got your $12.50 worth.
The Triple Change Spellbound credited to Tim Noonan, with an acknowledgement to me, is in fact, completely my routine. A proper description and the correct credits will appear in the next issue. Tim, with good intentions, allowed the write-up. He apparently meant it as a tribute to me. Though I'm touched that Tim thinks so highly of the material, and of me, I wish it had not appeared at all. This is signature trick that I have been doing since 1975, when I first read Scotty York's notes and was inspired to develop this handling. The things from the York notes that I retained, which were of major importance, are the Triple concept, and the idea of a larger coin hiding the C/S gaff. Tim is one of a handful of people I taught this over the last twenty years, though many more have seen it. I'm addressing this here because I've recieved several calls already regarding the paternity of the routine, and since I have been asked to publish it many times. The write-up is sound, but there are many details and some background and presentation missing. Though I appreciate the tribute, I would have preferred to write the trick up myself, or at least been asked. Now that it has appeared, I will contribute my current handling along with history and presentation, for the next Channel One issue. Tim has already contacted Tony Miller via e-mail, so a correction should appear with my explanation, in his next issue.

Best, PSC

Postby Guest » April 18th, 2004, 11:31 am

Originally posted by pchosse:
The Triple Change Spellbound credited to Tim Noonan, with an acknowledgement to me, is in fact, completely my routine...He apparently meant it as a tribute to me....[/QB]
Oops. Why would anyone ever publish another guy's routine without his permission?

Steve Brooks
Favorite Magician: Rene Lavand

Postby Steve Brooks » April 19th, 2004, 12:42 am

David Groves said; "Oops. Why would anyone ever publish another guy's routine without his permission?"

I asked myself that same question, but this type of thing seems to happen more and more it would seem. :eek:

That said, I have seen Uncle Paul perform his Triple Change Spellbound many years ago and it is a real work of art. But then again, any effect that Paul Chosse chooses to present is almost always an instant classic. :)

Doomo

Postby Doomo » April 20th, 2004, 9:19 pm

Hi Kids..

New computer..couldn't find my log in info...

Anyhow...

It seems I was misinformed concerning The Triple Spellbound ownership status. I have spoken with all the parties concerned and have sent letter bombs and/or apologies to the appropriate parties. The final corrected version WILL appear in the next issue along with another item from Mr. Chosse.

Besides that, there will be a tribute to Raymond Smullyan. If you don't know who he is..shame on you...

Also, more cartoons...reviews...hot magic from Missouri..full frontal nudity...and contest results! Yes, somebody won!

RFA Productions

www.rfaproductions.com

Rosie

Postby Rosie » January 10th, 2013, 10:37 am

I wish I had one- where did you get it?

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » January 10th, 2013, 12:06 pm

Rosie: that was a spammer who had taken a snippet of Richard's post on the second page to make it look like a genuine post. I've deleted it.
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » January 10th, 2013, 1:58 pm

and if rosie isn't another spam bot bumping the initial spam bot's spam to make it look more genuine, I will send you a crisp $5 bill.

Rosie

Postby Rosie » January 10th, 2013, 2:00 pm

I want my money Mr. Goat! I will use it at Magifest for no good purpose (ie beer).

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » January 10th, 2013, 2:28 pm

mrgoat wrote:and if rosie isn't another spam bot bumping the initial spam bot's spam to make it look more genuine, I will send you a crisp $5 bill.

Get in touch here to find out where to send it: http://www.rfaproductions.com/contacts.htm
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » January 10th, 2013, 3:07 pm

Godamnit. It's the lovely Rosie, as in Rosie ftw!

I just thought there is no was an actual woman would post on a magic forum.

My bad.

Pm me your Paypal Rosie and I will send it over

Rosie

Postby Rosie » January 10th, 2013, 5:47 pm

Mr. Goat,

That would be like taking Candy from a Big Baby! Next time we meet you can spot me a nice big glass of beer.

I am the only woman on two magic forums at the moment. Gives me warm feelings of dominance.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » January 10th, 2013, 5:48 pm

Well if you're sure!

And you can dominate me anytime ;)

Return to “Other Magic Publications”