Marshall on Magic

Talk about what is being written in other magic publications.
Lisa Cousins

Marshall on Magic

Postby Lisa Cousins » June 7th, 2005, 1:38 pm

The June issue of Magic Magazine arrived here yesterday, and this picture of Jay Marshall on the cover is so astonishing and so spiritual and so revealing that ... that I ... that ... that I don't know how to finish this sentence. It's overwhelming.

I only knew Jay as an octogenarian, and I credited his warm and open way of going about things to his being elderly and having reached the point in life where all the stress, the hassle, the proving-oneself elements of life had been put to rest. Since his death I've received much fresh information about him, and I begin to understand that he was just like that, he was always like that, that was just him, that was just how he was.

Tom Dobrowolski

Re: Marshall on Magic

Postby Tom Dobrowolski » June 7th, 2005, 2:54 pm

I just wanted to ad that the previously unpublished interview with Jay in the issue was a treat and the tribute by Jim Steinmeyer is spot on. After reading Steinmeyer's tribute I thought about it and realized he was absolutely right,Jay never said good bye.It was one long conversation. I actually heard Jay's voice when reading Jim's description of how Jay would say "good bye".

I will always miss my 25 + year conversation with Jay and I want to thank Jim Steinmeyer for the magic of allowing me to feel Jay's presence at least one more time.

Return to “Other Magic Publications”