ANTINOMY #2 is now available

Talk about what is being written in other magic publications.
Gene Taylor

ANTINOMY #2 is now available

Postby Gene Taylor » May 7th, 2005, 7:57 pm

Let's see, it's been three months since Issue #1 came out. That means it's time for Issue 2. It also means Issue 2 is on schedule. We're stuffing envelopes and subscriber copies will be going out over the next few days.

I'd rather you would subscribe, but you can buy a copy of Issue #2 if you prefer. It's 52 pages. That's 4 pages longer than Issue #1. For information on ordering Issue #2, go here.

To everybody that has already subscribed, thanks for your support. I'm sure you'll enjoy Issue 2!

Thanks,

Gene Taylor

Re: ANTINOMY #2 is now available

Postby Guest » May 12th, 2005, 1:44 pm

Hey there Gene
I just received my issue of Antinomy in the mail today. I love it just as much as the first issue, maybe even more. The one thing I was wondering was, do you sell official Antinomy dictionaries, I have one but its a liitle worn out after reading Mr. Racherbaumer's article. Man are those some big words, a great magic magazine and an English lesson all rolled into one. Hopefully I will see you at Michigan Magic Day.

Brandon

Gene Taylor

Postby Gene Taylor » May 13th, 2005, 12:40 pm

Hey, Brandon.

Glad you liked it. I give Issue 2 the edge over Issue 1, but they're both pretty darned good.

You're on your own as far as the use of the English language in ANTINOMY. No plans for a dictionary so far.

I should point out that Brandon has a pretty cool Ace production in Issue 2 called "Angled Aces."

I will definitely see you at Michigan Magic Day. It's too close to me not to go.

Gene

Postby Guest » May 13th, 2005, 12:52 pm

Hey Gene,
Did you get a chance to send some to me at The Magic Apple?
thanx

Sam Kesler
Favorite Magician: Ed Marlo

Postby Sam Kesler » May 15th, 2005, 10:17 am

Great issue, Gene. Enjoyed it even more than the first. Hofzinser's bibliography had me running to my bookshelf. Terrific stuff. Keep all that card stuff coming. Looking forward to saying hi at LVMI.

Gene Taylor

Postby Gene Taylor » May 15th, 2005, 5:04 pm

Glad you liked it, Sam. Thank Jon for the Hofzinser bibliography.

Please do say "Hi" at LVMI. I look forward to meeting you.

Gene

Edwin Corrie

Postby Edwin Corrie » May 16th, 2005, 3:24 am

Issue 2 arrived here yesterday in pretty good condition (not rolled up), despite the small slot in my letterbox. Looks very interesting so far.

For those who may have missed it there were some more references to versions of the so-called "Hofzinser Lost Ace Trick" here:

http://geniimagazine.com/forum/cgi-bin/ ... 415#000000

Jeff Pierce Magic

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » May 17th, 2005, 6:44 am

Gene,
Issue one came to me folded in my mail box. Since then you've stamped issue two with "Do not fold" and it came delivered to my doorstep and I'm extremely happy about that! Great job!

Jeff Pierce

Gene Taylor

Postby Gene Taylor » May 17th, 2005, 7:04 am

Jeff,

Glad to hear it arrived safe and sound.

Gene

David Acer

Postby David Acer » May 26th, 2005, 2:58 pm

Gene, you've outdone yourself - the issue is great!
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Bob Farmer

Postby Bob Farmer » May 26th, 2005, 4:14 pm

Gene, I loved the hole card monte effect.

I'm sending you one of my marketed (but no longer available) effects, NOTHING TO LOSE which I lovingly make by hand because I get high on the glue. I have several versions of hole card montes, but this effect represents the culmination of years of experimentation.

Also, I believe that this issue of ANTIMONY may mark the first time in history that the word, "epiphanous," has appeared in a magic magazine.

Gene Taylor

Postby Gene Taylor » May 26th, 2005, 5:14 pm

David, thanks for the kind words. I very much enjoyed our conversation at Michigan Magic Day. Sorry most of your time was taken up going to and from lunch. Also thanks for screaming at me in the middle of a busy road. A highlight of the convention for me.

Bob, thank you as well. I think The Hole Monte is a lot of fun to play with and look forward to seeing your version.

Gene Taylor

David Acer

Postby David Acer » May 27th, 2005, 8:54 am

It was more shouting than screaming.
Now tweeting daily from @David_Acer

Return to “Other Magic Publications”