Carson and Beck

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Bill Mullins

Carson and Beck

Postby Bill Mullins » December 9th, 2016, 11:39 pm

The Johnny Carson archives are offering a download of a 1989 episode with Brian Gillis.

Norman Beck's TEDx Talk was just put online.

erdnasephile

Re: Carson and Beck

Postby erdnasephile » December 10th, 2016, 7:46 pm

Bill: Thank you for posting the link to the Norman Beck talk. I found the way he dealt with his diagnosis very interesting and very much in the character expressed in his writings.

(The only small comment I would make is that just because a physician has been sued doesn't necessarily mean they are technically incompetent doctors (For example, some docs are willing to take on more high-risk cases than others, which sometimes results in having to deal with more complications/bad outcomes than docs who avoid these cases like the plague. In addition, some sued physicians are just jerks, who tend to be sued more than non-jerks in similar cases.) Conversely, never having been sued is not a guarantee of competency either. The one thing that is indisputable is that the coping mechanisms and his various investigations worked well for Mr. Beck, which is all that matters in the long run. He is an interesting gentleman, and I'm glad he's still around and sharing his experiences.)

Return to “Link Watch”