Bob Cassidy Drunk Train Wreck

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
PickaCard

Re: Bob Cassidy Drunk Train Wreck

Postby PickaCard » January 31st, 2015, 9:44 am

mrgoat wrote:You are aware penguin have been caught numerous times taking down the bad reviews, right?

So when you watch it back are you happy with or embarrassed about how drunk you were

Mr Goat,

You are by far my least favorite poster on this forum.

A 1st class jerk.

Please move over to the Cafe.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » January 31st, 2015, 9:57 am

Excerpts from Penguin reviews of the lecture (which are still posted at the link Goat gave):

"Lastly, Bob may be a ‘functioning alcoholic’, but witnessing him repeatedly fill his coffee cup with (what I presume to be) rum and coke was very much out of place. Even President Obama manages to keep his smoking habit off camera."

"What a car wreck ! ive know bob casiddy since I was a kid when I spent almost every Saturday at the Mecca magic store in east orange new jersey where he was employed and taught me many things..
I am a student of much of his work. I’ve read and own many of his books.
I was a member of his on line website thing for a short while as well.
First to watch a man with an admitted drinking problem fall off the wagon in plan sight"

"Bob Cassidy is a huge influence on Mentalism today but seeing him drunk was a heart breaker. I was a real let down to see him in this pathetic light"

"Lectures and Booze don't Mix: This was my intro to Bob Cassidy. I watched with friends from my magic club who thought this was embarrassing and these are guys in their 20s who love going out on the weekends. Cassidy obviously has a lifetime of work to share but I felt sorry for him. The longer the lecture goes the more he slurs his words and rambles on and on with a rabid dog look in his eyes. I felt like I did learn some things but not being able to lay off the booze to present the lecture was disrespectful to Penguin and the audience."

"You can learn more from a drunk Bob Cassidy than any other sober Mentalist in the business...No but really this has to be one of the best of the Penguin Live videos produced to date"

There are many positive reviews posted, but I only excerpted the comments which relate to the apparent state of the lecturer.

So while Mr. Goat may not be the most pleasant person sometimes, he was not alone in his opinion. And he has also written nothing libelous in this thread. He has only expressed his opinion, and pasted reviews here which were (and are still) posted on the Penguin website. I also note that Mr. Cassidy has not denied the main issue.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » January 31st, 2015, 10:22 am

Richard Kaufman wrote:I also note that Mr. Cassidy has not denied the main issue.

Perhaps he is in denial of the main issue.

Bill Mullins

Postby Bill Mullins » January 31st, 2015, 12:49 pm

Bob Cassidy wrote: Is that why you snipe from behind a pseudonym?

Damian Jennings uses the name "mrgoat" on the forum, but he's always been open about who he is.

Sean-Dylan

Postby Sean-Dylan » January 31st, 2015, 2:11 pm

People should always be allowed to post their own honest opinions on this forum. Whether positive or negative and should NOT be censored. Not everyone is going to appreciate every point of view (or really has or needs to). I appreciate the stance that Dustin and Richard take in this regard. The censorship that occurs on other popular forums is the reason I avoid them.

Return to “Link Watch”