GHM Magic

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.
Larry Horowitz

GHM Magic

Postby Larry Horowitz » August 16th, 2014, 3:25 pm

This is a recommendation for a new site offering handmade magic props for close up and stand up. The site is GHM Magic, http://www.ghmmagic.com/.

The work is all done by George Millward. He has been making these products somewhat underground, for a select few, for about five years. He has now decided to offer his products to the general magic community.

I have three items from him:

The Ball and Cone. Which comes with a leather cone, 3 balls, an instruction book and DVD.

Chinese Sticks. These are beautifully crafted. You get 3 sticks which are perfect for the Roy Benson routine. Instructions and a DVD. Previously George had been crafting these for Norm Nielson and Denny & Lee. While practicing with these my son, (who has certainly seen plenty of magic) walked into the room and was stunned to learn the string did not run through both sticks.

I also have Georges lecture notes. George performs in a classical style. His take on the Stop trick is brilliant.

I found the service to be reliable and prices fair.

There are more products available on the site.

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Re: GHM Magic

Postby Leonard Hevia » September 21st, 2016, 9:01 pm

The site is now gone. Is George still manufacturing anything?

Terry

Postby Terry » September 23rd, 2016, 11:20 am

Larry Horowitz

Postby Larry Horowitz » September 25th, 2016, 3:07 am

Yes

Leonard Hevia
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon, Frank Garcia, Slydini, Houdini,

Postby Leonard Hevia » October 15th, 2016, 10:39 am

Thanks to George Millward who has phased out of magic crafting--our loss--I was led to Mark Teufel, another great magic craftsman. Mr. Teufel makes beautiful wood chop cups, cups, wands, and dye tubes for the color changing silk. I ordered two dye tubes and they are perfectly made straight sided brass tubes with the cloth divider. They're slightly larger to accommodate a 24 inch silk because I use the 18 inch but wanted a little extra space.

I prefer this style of dye tube over the Palmo Balls and even the Porper version. Anyone who is interested in obtaining this type of dye tube can contact Mr. Teufel:

markteufel@yahoo.com

Return to “Link Watch”