Alan Warner Mini-Magic Website

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

Alan Warner Mini-Magic Website

Postby Guest » June 19th, 2003, 10:07 pm

To complement the 6 page Alan Warner article in the July issue of Genii, you might find it interesting to check out his website at:

warner.qualitymagic.com

It contains every single effect from his Teak line, including all of his discontinued ones, and special editions, with details of each effect and hundreds of large format photos, so you can really see the wood grain :)

There is also a review section, search and a brief sketch of Alan Warner himself.

Re: Alan Warner Mini-Magic Website

Postby Guest » August 29th, 2003, 11:00 pm

Andy has done a great job with this site honoring such a great craftsman, a true modern day Taytelbaum!. I have just "completed" a straight-forward site featuring my collection of Alan Warner's Mini-Magic. The link is:

http://home.earthlink.net/~guerrarg/index.html

Enjoy...comments/criticisms/suggestions welcomed.

George

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 30th, 2003, 7:59 am

George, I'm just curious, why would you go to all the trouble to create a website that duplicates the material on Warner's own website?
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » August 30th, 2003, 8:11 am

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
George, I'm just curious, why would you go to all the trouble to create a website that duplicates the material on Warner's own website?
Richard I think I can answer that. The warner site that I created was done by me as a tribute to Alan's work. I believe George created his marvellous site for the exact same reasons. We are both so impressed with the craftsmanship and beauty of Alan's work that we felt compelled to create these sites to showcase his work. I really like what George has done and know Alan appreciates it too.

It is our way of thanking Alan for all the hard work he has put in to creating his magic. I wish I could do more!

Maybe one day someone will create a site showcasing all of your wonderful books? I already have a good start to collecting the books: Kaufman Books

Postby Guest » August 30th, 2003, 9:35 am

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
Richard, I have collected many fine magical apparatus over the years. Names you will recognize for their outstanding quality include Richard Gerlitz, Jim Riser, Collectors' Workshop, Milson-Worth, Mel Babcock, Owen's Magic, and Todd Lassen. However, the one craftsman that has impressed me the most is Alan Warner, so the website is MY thanks to his contribution to magic.

Second, I also wanted to be able to see my particular pieces in my collection whenever I am away from home. Teak comes in so many grain and color patterns, which is the reason Alan decided on this wood to build his line of Mini-Magic. Therefore, each of Alan's pieces is unique because of this. So, it is really not necessarily "duplicating the material". I had actually requested Alan to choose the more spectacular wood he had on hand for many of my items...you can see this in many of my images.

Third reason for the site is that this is my first endeavor in HTML coding and web designing. It also allowed me to learn Photoshop, an expensive program residing idly in my computer, so overall, it's been a great learning experience. What better choice to do the "homework" than on my favorite craftsman and his work.

George

Postby Guest » August 30th, 2003, 10:33 am

Originally posted by George G:
It also allowed me to learn Photoshop, an expensive program residing idly in my computer, so overall, it's been a great learning experience.
George, I think your graphics look great, I personally hate photoshop even though I have bought every version since 4.0. But you have really done an excellent job with your graphics. I know where to go if I need some Warner graphics in the future :-)

Postby Guest » September 16th, 2003, 11:33 am

FYI
My humble site on Alan Warner has been relocated for those with interest.

New URL: http://users.adelphia.net/~gguerra/index.html

Wolfgang

Postby Wolfgang » October 25th, 2003, 12:09 pm

Does anyone have an email address fro Alan Warner, I have a question about one of his products.

Return to “Link Watch”