DON'T MENTION THIS SITE

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

DON'T MENTION THIS SITE

Postby Guest » November 11th, 2003, 2:06 pm

on the MagicCafe forums!

I put up a link to it, explaining that there was some potentially offensive language on it. Not only was the post deleted, but I got barred completely from the board. I wasn't warned, I said nothing offensive myself, and I'd never had problems at the MagicCafe before.So, my first post on this board is going to be the post that got me kicked off the last message board I patronized.

Here's a new, and one of the few, magic related blogs I've seen. It has some possibly offensive material, but it also has a good, detailed review of David Regal's new DVD's among some other stuff. If you're easily offended, or even not-so eaily offended, don't even bother looking at it.

http://magiccirclejerk.blogspot.com/

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Re: DON'T MENTION THIS SITE

Postby Dustin Stinett » November 11th, 2003, 10:53 pm

Well, that was certainly vulgar, rude and offensive and I wouldn't recommend it for the younger set, the faint of heart or the weak of stomach.

But you're safe here misterhyde; welcome.

Dustin

Postby Guest » November 12th, 2003, 11:30 am

It's probably my problem, but that is a very amusing Blog with a nice layer of intelligence hidden within the scatological banter.

--Randy Campbell

Postby Guest » November 14th, 2003, 11:09 am

I'd like to thank my friend Misterhyde, for mentioning my site.

I'd also like to thank Dustin Stinett for his accurate description and tolerance, and Randy Campbell for his endorsement even if he qualified it some.

John Smetana

Postby John Smetana » November 14th, 2003, 4:39 pm

LOL funny and loaded with some terrific insights and observations..I like it...Thanks Andy

Best thoughts,
John Smetana

Steve V

Postby Steve V » November 14th, 2003, 7:29 pm

I am known to those that know me as a serious performer with a deep love for gospel presentations. I was deeply, deeply offended by that site and shall be sending Steve Brooks a cyber hug later. I demand that all the post made by this Mr. Hyde, if that is her name, be put on the Magic Cafe again so that they can, once more, be deleted. That should teach him not to play with we easily offended magi.
Steve V
Steve V

Postby Guest » November 15th, 2003, 11:55 am

Wow,
Mr Hyde is bright, obviously erudite(handles the language beautifully, knows Statistics and the meaning of "skew"(= obviusly college educated) and is just a delight to read. Not afraid to let it be known tht we have (a) a lot of VERY young kids on these Forums and that (2) the intellectual ceiling seems often quite low (though thst may be a function of total youth, some are only 13!!) Uses no language that isn't on T.V. dozens of times each and every evening, wonderful facetiousness ([though I think he really liked Regal's magic. Are there now 10,460 card tricks out there and more coming every day). We differ on Regal--though his BOOKS are beautiful and read wonderfully).
So at last another voice of the loyal opposition (Frank Joglar of Hugard fame; Derren Brown currently, Jany Swiss on the scene) who don't give a damn whether or not they are liked and are free to voice dissenting opinions.
P.S. I too am simllfying. If it can not be done WITH -OUT a gaff, can't use it. (Too forgetful to "load up" like Leipzig every morning.) Did 45 minutes--to my own suprirse--in Costa Rica useing coins, pebbles, rings.--No one, blissfully, had cards. Some really baby stuff but the aaudience looks of total shock could not be surpassed.
Marty K (Penna) ,

Return to “Link Watch”