Tenyo 2007

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

Tenyo 2007

Postby Guest » November 2nd, 2006, 12:00 pm

Any comments?
http://www.martinka.com/martinka/martinka/tenyo.asp
Mystic Blackboard sounds like a fun prop...

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: Tenyo 2007

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 2nd, 2006, 12:36 pm

All the new Tenyo items are shown and described in the November issue of Genii.
The effect where the center of a dollar bill drops to reveal a hole is an absolute fooler.
The thing with the slate is very clever--Out to Lunch with no need to separate the surfaces with a rubber band.
The credit card cutter works via a really fun illusion.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » November 2nd, 2006, 1:13 pm

Originally posted by Richard Kaufman:
The thing with the slate is very clever--Out to Lunch with no need to separate the surfaces with a rubber band.
Interesting to see Out to Lunch going back to its roots in slate tricks. Maybe I should attempt to get a copy of William Robinson's book and pick up The Mystic Blackboard to see how the applications compare. Cool stuff.

-Jim

Dave Shepherd

Postby Dave Shepherd » November 2nd, 2006, 3:25 pm

So what do we think about the Tenyo Koornwinder Kar? Does it work like the original one I bought directly from Dick several years ago?

I tend to agree with the blurb I just read, that having a plastic version will make it somewhat more mystifying, if the new one looks more like a toy out of Toys R Us or something. On the other hand, the wooden one sort of looks like a carved thing you might get at a craft show or something, perhaps lower-tech.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » November 2nd, 2006, 4:22 pm

We'll have to see how the new Kar handles, feels, etc. I understand it has a way to LOCK, which, in some applications might be kool.
Stay tooned.

Postby Guest » November 2nd, 2006, 4:36 pm

Is the tenyo line sold at any major U.S. retailer beyond magic shops and the like?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 2nd, 2006, 6:37 pm

The Tenyo items are only available through magic shops (brick and morter, mail order, or online) in the United States.

The Slate works like ... Kellar's Blue Room Illusion! Cool.

The Koornwinder car is a solid piece of plastic with rounded edges--looks like a cheap kid's toy from Toys R Us. The license plate slides to lock it.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » November 3rd, 2006, 5:18 pm

The Magic Apple has ordered ALL of the new Tenyo items. They will be released on December 10th and ship to Studio City JUST before Christmas. They sounds GREAT!

Postby Guest » November 10th, 2006, 9:19 am

osatu magician was the best for me.
So many of these are standard close up fare though. I am wondering what people who do say, Diminishing returns,or the car, Think of the new range.

Postby Guest » November 20th, 2006, 6:20 am

Re the Kornwinder Kar. As well as locking mechanism to enable the car free running or stop activated, the car has a memory so you can continue where you set up from even after making the car free running to be examined. Very nice!

Just got my Tenyo this morning. I like them all v much! Freaked out my mother twice with the 4D case she literally screamed with surprise each time. :)

Postby Guest » December 6th, 2006, 9:57 pm

We now have a good initial supply of the Tenyo 2007 line here, though they are selling fast and the next shipment from Japan won't be until late January. All orders received to date have already been shipped.

Our pre-release special of $149 for the set of 5 tricks postpaid to the US is still available. For quickest service, send payment via paypal to magic@martinka.com or call 201-444-7576 with a credit card for immediate shipping.

Here's a link to the descriptions and individual prices. http://www.martinka.com/martinka/martinka/tenyo.asp

Ted

Martinka & Co.
103 Godwin Ave.
Midland Park, NJ 07432

Postby Guest » December 27th, 2006, 7:40 am

I recieved Mystic Blackboard today and its looks like a very clever prop. I will try this on a very sceptical friend and we will see if he likes it... I think this is a real fooler.

Return to “Link Watch”