New Ebook by Michael Close

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

New Ebook by Michael Close

Postby Guest » March 19th, 2006, 8:12 am

Michael Close: The Work Palming Vol. 1
(The Bottom Palm and The Gamblers Cop)

http://www.michaelclose.com/

Re: New Ebook by Michael Close

Postby Guest » March 19th, 2006, 9:01 am

I just downloaded big file, its great. This will probably be a very popular ebook for all card lovers.

All effects I have read or mastered from M. Close is pure and slick magic, what I call "raw magic" to the extreme. Anything from Michael is useful. He goes beyond the trickster style, he does "real magic".
His latest CD Closely Guarded Secrets includes one of my favourite card tricks, ever: The Luckiest Cards in Las Vegas. I did this trick when i was in thailand january and february many times and it was a real reputation maker: people was looking like aliens after that effect :)

Postby Guest » March 19th, 2006, 7:34 pm

The new ebook on the bottom palm is very nice. Michael's typical production, with his great written instructions, very clear pictures and those Harry Potter embedded moving pictures...

I'm having a lot of fun playing with the Hofsinzer variant and the one-handed bottom palm.

Jeff Haas

Postby Jeff Haas » March 22nd, 2006, 11:57 pm

I've spent a few evenings going over this material. There is some really nice stuff in this ebook, and Mike does a great job of teaching it.

What Bill refers to as the "Harry Potter embedded moving pictures" is a feature of the current version of Adobe Acrobat. You can have small video clips included on the page as part of the document. So you can read the description of a move, and look at the pictures, studying it in the usual way...and then you click on the movie clip and see Mike do it. If you didn't see this in "Closely Guarded Secrets" then you don't know how effective it is.

He teaches some really good work on several classic palms (two methods of the Erdnase Bottom Palm, the Hofzinser Bottom Palm, a Marlo Delayed Action palm), and the Gambler's Cop; plus he tips his own technique for the Bottom Palm for the first time. Mike's approach to the Bottom Palm hides the move under natural motions and is extremely efficient...there is just no wasted movement. Even if you're familiar with the other palms, I think this part is worth your time.

I should also mention that Mike is really, really good at these moves. Several times I read the palm, stepped through it with cards in hand and looking at the pictures, and then clicked on the video clip to watch him do it. And he got me...with the technique I had just worked on. Dammit.

So you'll be learning moves from a guy who really knows how to do them. And he makes sure you know exactly how to do them yourself.

This one is worth your time!

Jeff

Postby Guest » March 23rd, 2006, 8:54 am

I am continually impressed with the quality of Michael Closes ebooks. In my opinion, Michael is really adding to magic instead of just re-hashing some old topics and putting it out there to make a sale. Not only is this new ebook wonderful, but I must say that I have never had issues with the purchase or speedy e-mail delivery of his ebooks either. By signing up long ago for his mailing list I continually get nice updates, and often discounts, on new products and not a bunch of junk mail, or even worseno updates at all. That helps to make my decision to be a return customer easy. If you havent jumped into this new teaching medium yet, do yourself a favor and try out Closes stuff.

Postby Guest » March 23rd, 2006, 11:54 am

I've not seen this one but Mike Close and Lisa do a great job on their ebooks. I do need to learn the bottom palm...mine is obvious.
Steve V

Postby Guest » March 23rd, 2006, 7:52 pm

Steve,
Get the ebook. It's full of palming goodness...

I'm hoping to put together a detailed review for Conjure Nation this weekend, time permitting.

(just started a new job and I'm swamped)

Michael Close

Postby Michael Close » April 8th, 2006, 1:49 pm

Just wanted to mention that we have posted some comments about Michael Close: The Work Palming Volume 1. You can read them here:

http://www.michaelclose.com/PalmingReviews.html

Also, Steve Vaughn will be reviewing the ebook on Magic Broadcast tonight at 6:45 pm Pacific/ 9:45 pm Eastern. You can hear it here:

www.magicbroadcast.com

Thanks.

M. Close

Postby Guest » April 8th, 2006, 10:48 pm

My comment:
Palming is one of the most useful tools for a card worker. I think this e-book can help yo to do smooth and invisible palming pretty fast: crystal clear intructions and great videos makes it easy to learn the art of palming. I think this is the best source to learn palming.

Postby Guest » April 8th, 2006, 11:03 pm

Our review was delayed due to technical problems. I'll announce the next show when we will be doing the review. I do have to say Michael and Lisa Close are setting the standard for ebooks.
Steve V

Michael Close

Postby Michael Close » May 24th, 2006, 4:28 pm

Steve Vaugh has posted a review of the Bottom Palm ebook here:

http://www.magictalk.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=128

The second volume of The Work should be available by this weekend. It covers the top palm. Info will be available here:

www.michaelclose.com

Thanks

M. Close

Return to “Link Watch”