Do you have good Memory, CHECK THIS OUT!

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

Do you have good Memory, CHECK THIS OUT!

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2006, 10:11 am

This is just incredible, click HERE

Best,
Jacky
www.magicbooks.be

Re: Do you have good Memory, CHECK THIS OUT!

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2006, 10:36 am

I remember seeing him on television many years ago (1987, according to his website). Quite quite remarkable.

Dave

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2006, 10:44 am

Wow, thanks, Jacky, that is amazing!

Amos McCormick

Postby Amos McCormick » August 24th, 2006, 12:06 pm

Another website with links to information about Steven and other savants:

http://www.wisconsinmedicalsociety.org/ ... tshire.cfm

Amos McCormick

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2006, 12:11 pm

Wow...Big thanks Jacky...that was stunning!

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2006, 12:49 pm

Amos, thanks for the link!
Great to hear from you Richard! It was great putting on Face on you at Fism!

Jacky
www.magicbooks.be

Andrew Martin Portala

Postby Andrew Martin Portala » August 24th, 2006, 12:56 pm

Thanks alot. WOW!

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2006, 4:13 pm

WOW! Thanks Jacky
Amazing. I used to work 12 years at a school and we had an autist child, they are really incredible people. Unfortunately, they have difficulty in OUR society because of OUR norm but they are incredibly intelligent people (BTW sorry for mistakes...english is my second language). Don't forget that we use approx 10% of our intelligence, them too but on diffrent levels. The child I worked with could duplicate any language and understand parts of it!!! Go figure!

I'm flabbergasted after seeing the video, I've got goose bumps!

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2006, 4:55 pm

Yes, I remember about 20 years ago i saw him on bbc.
It was incredible..he was about 12 years old and drew a very complicated english building...
I was really impressed but this?
Imagine we could traine our brain....
anyway,

enjoy
Jacky
www.magicbooks.be

Jim Maloney_dup1

Postby Jim Maloney_dup1 » August 24th, 2006, 6:51 pm

Originally posted by Michel Huot:
Don't forget that we use approx 10% of our intelligence, them too but on diffrent levels.
While I won't deny that the mind of an autistic person works very differently from the rest of us, I have to comment on the misconception that we only use 10% of our brain. It's simply not true, and research into brain function shows the exact opposite -- that we do use 100% of our brains. Maybe not all at once, but I don't know anyone who could have 90% of their brain removed and still function.

-Jim

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2006, 8:55 pm

Jim,

There have been a number of documented cases of children with severe brain problems having an entire hemisphere of their brains removed. If done early enough, the remaining 50% of their brains seem able to assume much of the work of the removed half.

You are correct, if I understand published reports, that the idea that many people only use a small percentage of their brain is a myth, an idea that is often attributed to Albert Einstein.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 24th, 2006, 9:43 pm

David is correct: there was an article about removing an entire hemisphere of the brain in The New Yorker a few months ago. It's often done to stop seizures. Fascinating stuff.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2006, 10:55 pm

The smartest person in the world, does she also have a great memory?

Marilyn vos Savant:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marilyn_vos_Savant
http://www.marilynvossavant.com/

Postby Guest » August 24th, 2006, 11:21 pm

Originally posted by Jim Maloney:
Originally posted by Michel Huot:
[b]Don't forget that we use approx 10% of our intelligence, them too but on diffrent levels.
While I won't deny that the mind of an autistic person works very differently from the rest of us, I have to comment on the misconception that we only use 10% of our brain. It's simply not true, and research into brain function shows the exact opposite -- that we do use 100% of our brains. Maybe not all at once, but I don't know anyone who could have 90% of their brain removed and still function.

-Jim [/b]
Let's not confuse using our intelligence with using our brains. The original quote didn't mean that we only use 10% of our brains but that we only use 10% of the potential we could achieve if we used our brainpower fully.

Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Postby Dustin Stinett » August 24th, 2006, 11:44 pm

Huh???

;)

Postby Guest » August 25th, 2006, 5:20 am

Quentin said in one sentence what I tried to say in a paragraph. That is exactly what i meant. I know we use a huge percentage of our brain but let's take the creativity side for example, some use more and some use less but we all have it working at different levels.
The observation that the man uses here is almost at full potential (for us) but lacks other things (the things he lacks are more often than not the reason why they are different from a social point of view)
All this theoty aside, what he does id purely AMAZING
I remember 25 years ago seeing a man who could paint a portrait after seeing a person for less than a minute or he could duplicate a Picasso or Monet or Dali!!!

Postby Guest » October 6th, 2006, 12:39 pm

I don't know how he does it! I can't even see the forest through the trees! But then, I graduated from North Bergen High School...

Thanks for reminding me how unsmart i are.

Postby Guest » October 25th, 2006, 10:45 am

Over on Grey Matters Videos , I have footage of a number of savants. Among them are Orlando Serrell , Stephen Wiltshire , Daniel Tammet , Ruediger Gamm and Kim Peek .

Ian Kendall

Postby Ian Kendall » October 25th, 2006, 10:55 am

If you are interested in getting more out of your brain might I recommend Scott's Train your Brain and Entertain software. I've only had time for a quick play, but there are loads of tools and training aids for boosting your memory and concentration.

I got my copy from Lybrary.com, but it seems to be available from Scott's site as well.

Take care, Ian

Return to “Link Watch”