Mark Wilson´s: Magic Land of Allakazam -1 - 6 on DVD

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

Mark Wilson´s: Magic Land of Allakazam -1 - 6 on DVD

Postby Guest » May 6th, 2006, 10:50 am

Wow, I found this DVD set at Wilsons web and it looks like a very interesting dvd set:

http://www.markwilsonmagic.com/dvds.htm

What do yo think about Wilsons shows? Is is worth buying?
I can still remember his shows in sweden late 70s, they were fantastic.

LaMont

Re: Mark Wilson´s: Magic Land of Allakazam -1 - 6 on DVD

Postby LaMont » May 6th, 2006, 3:58 pm

I have some of these shows on VHS. The shows are great and there are also magician guest stars performing that make some of the shows even more special.

LaMont

Re: Mark Wilson´s: Magic Land of Allakazam -1 - 6 on DVD

Postby Guest » May 21st, 2006, 9:55 am

Kjellstrom:

You ask if they are worth buying, then follow up by stating that you remember seeing and enjoying them back in the 70's.

Mark Wilson was/is an American TV pioneer. He was instrumental in staging magic for television, and for years he was the face of magic for many of us.

The shows are a study of a time gone by. You will see how Mark and his creative team began adapting illusions to look good on the tv screen as opposed to the theatre stage. He was no Doug Henning or David Copperfield in terms of theme, dance, etc., but instead embodied the classic magician's look of the time.

If you enjoyed Mark's past performances, then you will enjoy reliving these old shows! ;)

Chris

Return to “Link Watch”