3D "Magic Eye" playing cards

Addresses new and interesting links to other sites (not listed on the Genii website) that merit attention.

3D "Magic Eye" playing cards

Postby Guest » May 15th, 2003, 3:50 pm

Has anyone seen these playing cards , each secretly marked on its back with a "magic eye" representation of its denomination and suit?

A cool but convoluted way of marking a deck, methinks...or is someone in our midst really making magic with these?

Re: 3D "Magic Eye" playing cards

Postby Guest » May 16th, 2003, 6:22 am

I got a deck of these a few years ago. So far I've found it to be a novelty more than a magical tool.

Best,
JMT

Postby Guest » June 2nd, 2003, 7:43 am

I agree. I got a set about 2 years ago. First of all, they do not look like any kind of standard playing card. It takes some practice to be able to see the marks. I can, but they do not simply pop into view immediately. You have to stare at the card for a moment before your eyes "defocus" properly and the mark appears. That's pretty suspicious.
But it was fun playing with them.
Dennis Loomis
www.loomismagic.com

Postby Guest » July 21st, 2003, 5:40 am

I bought a deck of these cards (from England), and they do not work very well.
  • images are not visible during card game
  • impossible to spot during normal hand movement
  • the images are poorly placed and require too much concentration to spot during mental effects
E-mail me for the website, or buy mine. I have studied magic eye techniques and have several effects in the working using this principle and a program I have that generates magic eye images. The effect will work well for jumbo card effect mentalism. magicians@aol.com
-Magic Ian

Return to “Link Watch”