time for mentalists to find new trade?

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Daniel Z

time for mentalists to find new trade?

Postby Daniel Z » September 23rd, 2015, 4:21 pm

welcome to the future! Scientists have linked brains allowing someone to know what is on anothers mind. http://tinyurl.com/nd5be6y

performer

Re: time for mentalists to find new trade?

Postby performer » September 23rd, 2015, 4:28 pm

Oh, I do that all the time!

MagicbyAlfred
Favorite Magician: Bill Malone

Postby MagicbyAlfred » September 23rd, 2015, 7:16 pm

I knew that Mark would post that response. What scares me is that he knew that I knew!

Very interesting experiment, actually. A 72% success rate strikes me as incredible, especially given all the variables that could come into play with two different human brains.

But the experiment, particularly since it really happened, gives rise to some excellent patter possibilities for mentalism and mental magic. One could point out, for example, that the brains of normal human beings, such as those who were subjects of the University of Washington experiment, could communicate only with the aid of having their brains linked electronically by state of the art technology, but those gifted with powers of ESP and mental telepathy need no such hook-up and can go "wireless."

performer

Postby performer » September 23rd, 2015, 7:43 pm

Widdle will shortly be here to say it is a load of tosh. Then Brad will say HE is talking a load of tosh and I will be here to stir it all up because I am bored.

Incidentally if anyone wants to know about the art of psychic reading I will be happy to inform them. Don't expect me to say one word about deception though. That isn't what I do.

Oddly enough I have many posts from a sceptic site which although they deleted it I have it all saved. I may post some of it to amuse you all. You will see how mentally deranged they all are. I have a suspicion that some of them are members here but are lurking in the background. I shall put a white light of protection around myself and a black light of bad card tricks around them to make them miserable. Serves the bastards right.

Dougini
Favorite Magician: There are too many

Re: Mark Being Mark...

Postby Dougini » December 27th, 2015, 4:00 pm

performer wrote:Widdle will shortly be here to say it is a load of tosh. Then Brad will say HE is talking a load of tosh and I will be here to stir it all up because I am bored...I shall put a white light of protection around myself and a black light of bad card tricks around them to make them miserable. Serves the bastards right.

Bwahh hahaha! Now THAT is the Mark Lewis we know and love! Ha haha! Bored Mark? I've seen that Black Light of Bad Card Tricks...not a good thing! LOL!

Doug

performer

Postby performer » December 27th, 2015, 6:06 pm

I shall merely say that bad card tricks and comfortable slippers have always gone together but the slippers are going to be less comfortable in the future.

Return to “Alternative Media”