Magic? I think so.

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
P.T. Murphy

Magic? I think so.

Postby P.T. Murphy » September 9th, 2014, 9:53 am

Star Trek fans will remember Susan Oliver. I still can't stop thinking about her. LOL! I just received a copy of this DVD. I really enjoyed hearing her story. I admit I only knew her from the Star Trek episodes she did. But man, she did so much more. If you are a fan of Star Trek and television history in general, I think you will dig this. Just wanted to share. It's NOT directly magic related, but I think it will interest a lot of you.

http://www.thegreengirlmovie.com
"Those who do not believe in magic
will never find it. " -Roald Dahl

Doomo

Re: Magic? I think so.

Postby Doomo » September 9th, 2014, 10:43 am

Oh Mr. Murphy. As an original viewer of the first run of Star Trek I will happily admit to wishing I could have a Venusian Slave Girl! And please, NO Politically Correct comments. It was a fantasy/science fiction tv show. Just as people of a later generation wanted Leia in her slave girl outfit. And the thoughts I had about Uhuru ...well let us just say ALL CHANNELS WERE OPEN!

Tony
RFA Productions yeah... It is cool stuff.

www.rfaproductions.com

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 9th, 2014, 11:29 am

Green dancing slave girl.
I remember.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

P.T. Murphy

Postby P.T. Murphy » September 9th, 2014, 11:33 am

Doomo wrote:Oh Mr. Murphy. As an original viewer of the first run of Star Trek I will happily admit to wishing I could have a Venusian Slave Girl! And please, NO Politically Correct comments. It was a fantasy/science fiction tv show. Just as people of a later generation wanted Leia in her slave girl outfit. And the thoughts I had about Uhuru ...well let us just say ALL CHANNELS WERE OPEN!

Tony

I hear you. And I figured as much when I posted this. The surprising thing is that Susan Oliver went on to buck the system, I would say, and she really spent her career championing women in the Hollywood/TV work place. She was the go to guest star for most of the 60's,70's and into the 80's. This was a person who had HUNDREDS of tv credits and yet the one role we know her for is from Star Trek. It's a great story, lovingly told. I think all fans of the Green Girl will dig this documentary.
"Those who do not believe in magic

will never find it. " -Roald Dahl

Return to “Alternative Media”