Magic in the Moonlight

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
JKeppel

Magic in the Moonlight

Postby JKeppel » May 21st, 2014, 8:00 pm

A trailer went up on youtube today for Woody Allens next movie " Magic in the Moonlight", in which Colin Firth plays a magician pretending to be the Chinese Conjuror Wei Ling Foo. Im lousy at posting links maybe someone can post one.

shatteredorbit

Re: Magic in the Moonlight

Postby shatteredorbit » May 22nd, 2014, 12:16 am

Here is link to the huffing ton post article about the movie. Trailer is embedded.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/05/2 ... ertainment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Richard Stokes

Postby Richard Stokes » October 31st, 2014, 6:05 pm

I thought it was a decent film.
The reviews were a bit harsh, but I ignored the critics and saw it at my local arts cinema and was pleasantly surprised.

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » November 1st, 2014, 2:49 pm

I loved it.
But then I love Woody. No blockbusters, but always watchable, always, for me, better than the majority of Hollywood films (oh, I'm looking forward to next year's Star Wars and Bourne films; but very few films hit the Woody spot).
I came out thinking - i wish this team had made a remake of Great Gatsby. It would have been better, I think, than any of the Great Gatsby films.
The look and feel are wonderful.
And while I wouldn't put the film in his top 10, I still loved it.

Return to “Alternative Media”