JIm Steranko reviews Agents of SHIELD

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Jim Maloney

JIm Steranko reviews Agents of SHIELD

Postby Jim Maloney » September 26th, 2013, 9:18 am

I'm sure this will be of interest to some here:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-v ... jim-636457

Each week, Jim Steranko will be reviewing the latest episode of Agents of SHIELD. His thoughts on the first episode are at the link above.

The original SHIELD comics were created by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby, but Steranko (who was new to the comic business at the time) quickly took it over and developed it into a highly acclaimed feature.
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Re: JIm Steranko reviews Agents of SHIELD

Postby Richard Kaufman » September 26th, 2013, 10:44 am

Good catch, Jim.

Steranko really knows his stuff!
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » September 26th, 2013, 11:30 am

Yes, he does, although I disagree with a lot of his complaints about the show, which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 10th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)

Bill Duncan

Postby Bill Duncan » September 27th, 2013, 12:46 am

The review sounds like it was written by one of the FOX executives who cancelled Firefly.

erdnasephile

Postby erdnasephile » September 27th, 2013, 7:11 am

Even this comics geek enjoyed the pilot. I thought for a TV show (and a limited budget) it was done pretty well and I hope it sticks.

Jim Maloney

Postby Jim Maloney » September 27th, 2013, 9:27 am

erdnasephile wrote:Even this comics geek enjoyed the pilot. I thought for a TV show (and a limited budget) it was done pretty well and I hope it sticks.

The premiere episode was a ratings hit -- #1 in the target demo (18-49), and the highest premiere in 4 years. It's off to an excellent start. It's unlikely that there will be any Firefly-esque shenanigans here. :)

Return to “Alternative Media”