Magic Newswire Podcasts

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Zig Zagger
Favorite Magician: Aldo Colombini

Re: Magic Newswire Podcasts

Postby Zig Zagger » February 4th, 2009, 6:59 pm

Great job, Mr Vickers!

Now I know Christmas is quite some time away, but my favorite picks for the future would be Siegfried & Roy, David Regal, Paul Daniels, David Berglas and Topas...

It's always a treat - please keep up the fine work!
Tricks, tips, news, interviews, musings and fun stuff: Have a look at our English-German magic blog! http://www.zzzauber.com
Advancing the art in magic one post at a time (yeah, right!)

PapaG

Postby PapaG » February 5th, 2009, 6:44 pm

Fantastic work.

What about Teller?...

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » February 5th, 2009, 11:14 pm

Ahhh...

Great choices... we think alike. ;-)

Just posted our chat with Tony Curtis. He talks about the movie HOUDINI as well as his many years at the Magic Castle. Many times an actor takes the skills and moves on. Tony was.. and still is a HUGE magic fan. Enjoy!

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » February 9th, 2009, 6:52 pm

This is the first of a multipart interview with Mark. If you have questions for Mark to be asked in future interviews please email me at magicnewswire@gmail.com or call (404) 492-6026. I'll either read the message to him or play it during our chat.

LISTEN HERE

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » February 17th, 2009, 7:50 pm

Just posted our Chat with "Bro" Justin Gilbert... Director of the True Astonishment project with Paul Harris. Brohas also acted as a consultant with Johnny Thompson during the first three seasons of Criss Angel's MindFreak. ENJOY!

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » February 23rd, 2009, 10:47 am

Our interview with Neil Patrick Harris is online now and Mac King's chat is up next! ENJOY!

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » April 2nd, 2009, 6:46 am

Lance Burton & Doc Eason are online now as well. Enjoy!

David Linsell

Postby David Linsell » April 5th, 2009, 1:42 am

Your interviews continue to be some of the most thoughtful and insightful magic content available in any media form today. You ask the right questions and then get out of the way and let your guests answer them fully. Have you considered compiling them into book form? They are too important to be lost eventually in the ether of the Internet? My vote for a future interview are Charles and Regina Reynolds.

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » April 9th, 2009, 6:20 pm

So.. just posted our latest interview. MagicNewswire.com 's 104th episode features Levent! ENJOY

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » April 9th, 2009, 6:21 pm

David Linsell wrote:Your interviews continue to be some of the most thoughtful and insightful magic content available in any media form today. You ask the right questions and then get out of the way and let your guests answer them fully. Have you considered compiling them into book form? They are too important to be lost eventually in the ether of the Internet? My vote for a future interview are Charles and Regina Reynolds.

Wow.. Thanks David!

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » May 4th, 2009, 2:50 pm

Recent interviews posted with Paul Draper, Jon Armstrong, Paul Diamond & Doc Eason. Click on the links in the center of the page to go to the interview of your choice! Enjoy!

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » May 5th, 2009, 3:43 pm

Just posted an interview with Brett Daniels in which we discuss what happened to Wohscigam and what he's doing today. He also talks a bit about what he thinks the future holds for magic. ENJOY!

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » May 7th, 2009, 6:43 pm

My interview with Magician Paul Daniels is now online. Paul will be appearing at the upcoming 100th Annual Salute to Magic on May 16th in NYC. ENJOY

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » May 7th, 2009, 11:19 pm

Hi, Dodd. Greatly enjoyed listening to Jon Armstrong and Brett Daniels this week. Was pleased to hear that Brett hasn't completely dismissed Wohscigam. It's one of the most thrilling, unique shows I've ever seen, very intense and clever, and others deserve to see it. I hope this is some day possible.

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » May 13th, 2009, 10:16 am

Our latest interview with guest James Randi is now online. Randi talks about his career in magic, his feud with Uri Gellar and about the upcoming Salute to Magic at which he is a featured performer. ENJOY!

Steve Bryant
Favorite Magician: Ballantine

Postby Steve Bryant » May 20th, 2009, 10:27 am

Nice save! I just listened to Wonder Thunder #1, in which the magician does a card trick over the phone. Unfortunately, the guy at the other end of the phone was an idiot. The selected card was the ten of clubs. But when the magician began divining the card, the spectator insisted that the card was NOT a club. Fortunately, the magician was able to pull off something of a successful conclusion by revealing that the card was a black card (which he asked for, but knew in advance) and was a ten. I wonder if the spectator knew the difference between a club and a spade. Whatever, it was nice to hear the magician handle it well.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » May 20th, 2009, 12:25 pm

Any chance of fixing up part of the Steve brooks interview?
His voice seemed to drop out for two minutes early in the interview right after you asked him about being a performer or hobbyist.

Dave Shepherd

Postby Dave Shepherd » May 20th, 2009, 3:10 pm

I was going to send Dodd an email about that Steve Brooks show myself.

It's not just Jonathan's MP3 file that's bad. Mine, too, is missing several minutes of audio at the spot Dodd asked Steve about whether he was a pro or an amateur. (I presume everybody's sound file has the same gap.)

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » May 23rd, 2009, 2:11 pm

This thread has been cleansed of a meaningless argument that has taken it entirely off topic.
Please return to the topic at hand.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » May 23rd, 2009, 2:28 pm

Just listened to the one about the 100th show - the interviewer sounds okay but the guest sound gets screechy on certain words. can that get filtered?
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » July 7th, 2009, 3:31 pm

Hey Jonathan,
Which show was that specifically? Thanks!

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » August 7th, 2009, 6:55 pm

My most recent interview with the new World Champion of Stage Magic, SOMA, is now online. ENJOY!

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » September 4th, 2009, 9:59 am

I have just posted an interview with Harry Anderson that I am sure that you will all enjoy. As you know, Harry and Jon Racherbaumer were the driving force behind the upcoming 75th Anniversary Tribute to the Jinx which will appear inside the October issue of Genii. Richard will be saying more about this project very soon, but until then, enjoy these chats with Harry & Jon.

Interview with Harry Anderson

Interview with Jon Racherbaumer

Return to “Alternative Media”