For the Restaurant Worker...

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Brian Morton

For the Restaurant Worker...

Postby Brian Morton » March 15th, 2005, 9:49 pm

My newspaper, the free Baltimore City Paper, recently put had a feature story titled "Waitstaff Confidential." As someone who worked for a year in one of the highest-end restaurants in the city, I saw quite a bit of interesting, if tangential, information for a restaurant worker that can be gleaned from professional waitstaff. The section called "White Tablecloth," while differing in that I worked in the lounge next to the restaurant and not the restaurant itself, was very accurate in the types of customers, tippers (and even waitstaff) that I encountered and worked with there.

For those who might be interested in this sort of thing, I highly recommend this article, as you might learn something from the people you stand next to while figuring out how to approach that next table (hopefully not with the line, "Did anyone here lose a white pocketknife?")...

http://www.citypaper.com/news/printready.asp?id=9717

brian :cool:

Return to “Alternative Media”