Andy Nyman in "Death at a Funeral"

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Bob Baker

Andy Nyman in "Death at a Funeral"

Postby Bob Baker » August 26th, 2007, 6:38 pm

My wife and I saw this new Frank Oz farce this weekend and enjoyed it thoroughly. There is an excellent ensemble cast of British actors and one Yank, but for us the stand-out was Andy Nyman. He disappears into his character and will be practically unrecognizable to those of you who know him only from the "Get Nyman" DVDs. The NY Times review singled him out, calling him a "scene stealing fussbudget," and his performance is one of the funniest in the movie.

Do yourself a favor and see this movie. I predict you'll have some really good laughs and be amazed by Mr. Nyman.

Re: Andy Nyman in "Death at a Funeral"

Postby Guest » August 28th, 2007, 6:21 am

Andy is also worth catching in the British splattor movie, Severance, now available on DVD.
Andy gives a well-balanced performance and hardly puts a foot wrong...

Postby Guest » August 28th, 2007, 2:29 pm

Saw the flick (Death at a Funeral) - Andy Nyman was great.

Postby Guest » August 30th, 2007, 2:14 pm

This was playing at The Orleans while I was there for Magic LIVE, and I saw it Saturday night before things started. It's extremely funny and Andy Nyman does a wonderful scene-stealing job. Very, very amusing British farce, and I hope it does well over here.

I mentioned the fact it was playing at The Orleans to a number of the attendees, along with a plug for Stardust, which was also playing at the Orleans cineplex.

Jeremy

Jeremy Greystoke

Postby Jeremy Greystoke » March 1st, 2008, 12:09 pm

Thought I'd bump this since the DVD for "Death At A Funeral" has just been released and, of interest to denizens of this Forum is the fact that Andy Nyman contributes to one of the two audio commentary tracks. One track is by director Frank Oz, and the other is a group effort by the writer Dean Craig and actors Andy Nyman and Alan Tudyk. Extremely funny movie, and the commentaries are a hoot as well.

Pete Biro

Postby Pete Biro » March 1st, 2008, 3:54 pm

One of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Nyman was awesome. There and at the Magic Castle.
Stay tooned.

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » March 2nd, 2008, 9:14 am

Yes, really funny film, and Nyman was great in it.

Return to “Alternative Media”