Seeing the Ordinary as Extraordinary

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
Dustin Stinett
Favorite Magician: Sometimes

Seeing the Ordinary as Extraordinary

Postby Dustin Stinett » January 2nd, 2003, 5:34 pm

This was a toss up between "Alternative Media" and "Link Watch" but since the subject is non-magic and his work is available in various media I chose this forum.

A few years ago I posted an essay on creativity on MagicTalk. Part of that essay was my experience with a man named Dewitt Jones. The title of this post is also the title of one of Mr. Jones' articles, not to mention one of his "calls to arms." For those of you who do not know of him, Dewitt Jones is a photographer and inspirational speaker. He is one of the most sought after corporate speakers working. His specialty is creativity. You will find that he has available a few videos (a third has been added since I purchased the initial two) that encompass his presentations. These videos are not inexpensive, but in my opinion they are worth every dime and then some. "Clear Visions" is the presentation that I saw in person and "Extraordinary Visions" is his latest keynote presentation (note that the new video is an adapted to Hawaii version of "Extraordinary Visions"). There is some redundancy in these videos, but (again, in my opinion) not so much that one can replace the other. Bottom line? If you feel that you are not a creative person, or just need a kick in your creativity backside now and then, get one or more of these videos. They are found in the "Products" section of the site, but by all means search the site, especially in the "Articles" section where you will find a few freebees. There are clips of the videos available for viewing as well.

http://www.dewittjones.com/html/home_2.shtml

Enjoy!
Dustin

PS: If you are adventurous (masochistic?), you can read my original post (even though my byline is missing, it's me) along with the interesting replies, which have been archived here:

http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~roy/magictalk-w ... ivity.html

Return to “Alternative Media”