Mr. Sebastian and The Negro Magician

Discussions of new films, books, television shows, and media indirectly related to magic and magicians. For example, there may be a book on mnemonics or theatrical technique we should know or at least know about.
George Olson

Mr. Sebastian and The Negro Magician

Postby George Olson » July 30th, 2007, 3:23 pm

I read a review of this new book in yesterdays book section of our paper. Daniel Wallace (author of "Big Fish") is the writer. It really sounds interesting, Doubleday is the publisher.

The reviewer states:

A story within a story, when told well, can be very seductive. And when it is retold by different voices, with varitions and twists and turns, the story can be mesmerrizing. that's the case in Daniel Wallace's "Mr. Sebastian and the Negro Magician," a series of tales that reveals with grace and humor the complex and tragic life of magician Hanry Walker.

I'm going to check it out today.

GO

Re: Mr. Sebastian and The Negro Magician

Postby Guest » July 30th, 2007, 4:22 pm

Here's the Raleigh N&O's review:

Click here

Re: Mr. Sebastian and The Negro Magician

Postby Guest » August 8th, 2007, 4:05 pm

I got this one as an audio book. It comes unabridged. I'm nearly done listening and can recommend it highly. It's a wonderful and captivating tale. I'll recommend it to everyone, but especially to folks who love magic. There are little bits in it that will simply mean more to us.

Return to “Alternative Media”