Malini Article - Correction

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.
David Ben

Malini Article - Correction

Postby David Ben » September 28th, 2012, 10:58 am

One of the great things about publishing a work-in-progress article like the one on Malini is that it often prompts new discoveries. I am pleased to report that I made a mistake as to the date of Malini's U.S. naturalization. For purposes of the article, I was working from ship manifests that documented the date. Bill Mullins - who made an enormous contribution to my research for the initial article - has now tracked down Malini's original naturalization document in the government archives. It was filed, as I had written in Cook County, Illinois, but much earlier. The actual date was March 19, 1894. I find this particularly interesting because it suggests that Malini left New York fairly early in his career. In any event, for those who are interested in this sort of detail, please amend your Malini article accordingly.

Larry Horowitz

Re: Malini Article - Correction

Postby Larry Horowitz » September 28th, 2012, 12:41 pm

You mean he didn't wait veeks. He made the move sooner.

Sorry, couldn't resist.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » September 28th, 2012, 12:44 pm

Larry Horowitz wrote:You mean he didn't wait veeks. He made the move sooner.

David Ben

Postby David Ben » September 28th, 2012, 2:51 pm

I had heard that story as well, Gary. Not that I don't believe that the man told the story to Allen Okawa, I have a different source for the underlying medical reason. I'll leave it at that for now.

Return to “Feature Articles”