David Regal:"Speaking Volumes."

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.

Re: David Regal:"Speaking Volumes."

Postby Guest » June 26th, 2002, 3:34 am

Boy, that does bring back memories. Yes!! you are right John. The young kid Harry was talking about was me. Michael Louis was my name back then. I am known professionaly as Michael Vincent, Vincent is my middle name.

That Convention was still the greatest convention I have attended. I met Harry of course but also, Paul Harris for the first time Daryl, Ammar, Krenzel.

I saw Derek Dingle work at the Cobblestone Bar in Greenwhich Village and he was totaly awesome; that was the very first time I saw Look-an Illusion performed. It was a brilliant time to be interested in Magic because all the top names were around and very active.

The Dingle book had just been published and to see Dingle work those routines was mind blowing. Richard Kaufman took Alan ALan and myself to the bar to meet Dingle and it is one of the best moments of Magic I have ever experienced.

That experiences alone shaped my attitude towards the mastery of pure sleight of hand. The highlight of my trip was the four days of lessons I had with Tony Slydini at his home; in that very short time Slydini taught me everything, it was very instensive.

Thanks for your question John, you brought back some great memories for me. I will be elaborating on this experience in my book.
;)

Postby Guest » August 8th, 2002, 8:02 pm

So, Richard, everyone's looking for more, and you never told us: Will we see more articles like this, or at least a continuation of the present one, from David?

Bill McFadden

Postby Bill McFadden » August 9th, 2002, 4:25 pm

Since we're still reflecting on, "Speaking Volumes" (and there's enough to reflect on for a looooonnnng time), I have a question about David Regal's choice of "Quadruple Coincidence" from the Scarne book:

Is it the same effect Frank Garcia performs on the 2nd Stars of Magic video? Or is Garcia's routine found elsewhere in print? I know it's a naive question, but thanks in advance for the guidance (and whatever sarcasm may be warranted). :confused:

Postby Guest » August 27th, 2002, 9:06 pm

Thanks Pete McAbe for the tip on the Moving Pencil. This trick has totally floored my co-workers. Trust me, after you do this trick a few times, you'll realize you have a gem.

As for a trick I love to do, "Bandorama" from The Commercial Magic of J.C. Wagner. Always gets a good response.

Return to “Feature Articles”