"And The Oscar Goes To..." by David Ben

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.
Mind Guerrilla

"And The Oscar Goes To..." by David Ben

Postby Mind Guerrilla » September 29th, 2009, 3:18 pm

You have to love a routine like this where the method is so audacious.

Before reading this piece I thought full credit for this sort of thing went to Orville Meyer, whose variation, "Tervil", appears in "Practical Mental Effects".

I now know that this effect was originally known as "A Dead Name Duplication" and was by Annemann, himself.

Thanks for the info!

PS For this effect, it might be good to get the second spectator up on stage to be used in the next routine. During which, if practical, p***** wr***** could be used to produce a b***** which could be returned to the first spectator, along with her own, afterwards via the second spectator (as a seeming afterthought as she's leaving the stage).

Philippe Billot

Re: "And The Oscar Goes To..." by David Ben

Postby Philippe Billot » September 30th, 2009, 12:55 pm

Attention!

Tervil was first decribed in The Jinx, number 54, March 1939.

A Dead Man Duplication was sold by Thayer in 1932

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » September 30th, 2009, 1:08 pm

Mind Guerrilla wrote:.... During which, if practical, p***** wr***** could be used to produce a b***** which could be returned to the first spectator, along with her own, afterwards via the second spectator (as a seeming afterthought as she's leaving the stage).

is this like the magic cafe where typing out pocket writing and billet is considerered too **** for *** ****?

Magic Newswire

Postby Magic Newswire » October 6th, 2009, 8:26 pm

Mind Guerrilla wrote:You have to love a routine like this where the method is so audacious.

I loved Marvin Miller's story about Dunninger in our chat. Now THATis AUDACIOUS!!!

Return to “Feature Articles”