November Genii

Discuss the latest feature articles in Genii.
JMN

November Genii

Postby JMN » October 15th, 2008, 9:44 am

Unbelievable Issue and DVD! I could not put it down. This is the quality of Magic Magazine that that makes me anticipate the next issue! With this type of Magic journalism it is sure to become a collectors item Extreamly fine job!
Thank you,
There is no bad Magic, only bad performers!

flynn

Re: November Genii

Postby flynn » October 15th, 2008, 10:25 am

I was waiting for RK's post telling us he sent the November issue so it was a nice surprise when i got home yesterday. Ramsey melting the coin into the back of his hand was awesome. Cant wait to master that?

CHRIS

Postby CHRIS » November 4th, 2008, 8:26 am

GREAT COVER

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » November 4th, 2008, 10:50 am

Chris has a point. If people miss that the grocer chap from Ayr spelled his name RAMSAY even when it is in inch high letters on the cover, what chance to they have of understanding the intricacies of his work?

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 4th, 2008, 10:55 am

CHRIS, if you're being sarcastic, fine. If not, I suggest you subscribe to another magazine. You can learn from Ramsay and Vernon than most people alive today.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

CHRIS

Postby CHRIS » November 4th, 2008, 11:22 am

Last edited by CHRIS on November 4th, 2008, 11:54 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: IM SORRY I SPOKE UP

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » November 4th, 2008, 11:28 am

CHRIS wrote: This is the Genii forum where people express thier views of the magazine for good or bad do you only want to hear good if thats the case then yes Richard you are right you are never wrong and I agree with all you say.

No, it is a private forum, run by the owner of Genii magazine and HE decides what you can and cannot say here. There is no freedom of speech here.

Anyway, he isn't saying you should stop your idiotic postings about the relevancy of Vernon or Ramsay to a modern audience. He is suggesting that if you don't like that, then you might be better off with another magazine that better serves your interest.

I imagine you are the ONLY subscriber that has any problem with feature-length articles on Ramsay and Vernon. To me, these to issues were the best that Genii has made for years.

Each to his own.

http://www.xtremehandz.com/catalog/item ... 363808.htm

This might be more up your street. It has a scantily clad girl on the front cover! Imagine what SHE could teach you about magic.

CHRIS

Postby CHRIS » November 4th, 2008, 11:36 am

Last edited by CHRIS on November 4th, 2008, 11:58 am, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: IM SORRY I SPOKE UP

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » November 4th, 2008, 11:42 am

I live puppet shows. Which one is Punch?

I was under the impression on election day this was a free country where we can express what we feel.
Wow, just plain wow, that was almost provocative. Almost got taken by that troll.

Let's get back to enjoying the magazine - and leave any comment about what might be interesting for articles or covers to direct comments to RK.

Still needs more cowbell!
Last edited by Jonathan Townsend on December 31st, 1969, 7:00 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: Do you get HD cable under your bridege?

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » November 4th, 2008, 11:52 am

CHRIS wrote:Did you just actually say there is no freedom of speech here WOW!

Yes. There isn't. It is a private forum. RK pays for the hosting and upkeep of it and you abide by his rules or find somewhere else to play.

That being said, he hasn't said you cannot post your rudeness.

Which is awfully nice of him.

CHRIS wrote:Where are you from?

Brighton, what has that got to do with the price of fish?

CHRIS wrote:I said that there is to many cover stories of dead guys.

You did. Then you said this:

"I was under the impression on election day this was a free country where we can express what we feel. This is the Genii forum where people express thier views of the magazine for good or bad do you only want to hear good if thats the case then yes Richard you are right you are never wrong and I agree with all you say.

I was explaining to you that there is no freedom of speech on a private website. Hope you understand that now.

CHRIS wrote:Funny how you guys attack back so harshly.

Harshly? Gosh, if you think this is harsh you really haven't lived.

You have the audacity to sarcastically post on the forum run by the editor of the magazine. You suggest there is nothing of interest in Vernon or Ramsay. Then a couple of people say you are talking rubbish.

That isn't harsh, my friend. Really.

Just think before you type. Pretend you were at RK's house with a gathering of your peers. Would you behave there in the way you are behaving here?

No?

Didn't think so.

Just show a little bit of respect.

But ultimately, if you don't like it here, you can go. Democracy is wonderful, isn't it?

CHRIS

Postby CHRIS » November 4th, 2008, 12:05 pm

I apologize I wont post anymore dont worry. I wasnt trying to start a fight I failed in that so I will just go. I don't post alot so I dont know the ethics or rights and wrongs of what I can say but thank you for teaching me. Oh yeah please pull my user name and posts. asap
Last edited by CHRIS on November 4th, 2008, 12:24 pm, edited 0 times in total.
Reason: n

Sebastien L.

Postby Sebastien L. » November 4th, 2008, 12:36 pm

CHRIS wrote:I was under the impression on election day this was a free country where we can express what we feel.

Does that hold only for your eminent person or are you nice enough to extend that same sentiment to everyone else? Do you think everytime you express an opinion everyone should agree with it? That no one has any right to comment on it?

Because as far as I see, Mr. Kaufmann simply suggested that if you don't like the current direction of Genii, you're free to not subscribe. That's a perfectly valid reply to your opinion.

I also have to say that your attempt to whitewash everything by removing your posts is pretty weak and laughable.

CHRIS

Postby CHRIS » November 4th, 2008, 12:51 pm

I just dont want to be a part of this forum thats all. I took Richards comment wrong and reacted badly. So I didnt feel welcome and felt it was getting out of hand not just others comments mine too so I left. Take it how you want.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » November 4th, 2008, 12:56 pm

CHRIS wrote: I just dont want to be a part of this forum thats all. I took Richards comment wrong and reacted badly. So I didnt feel welcome and felt it was getting out of hand not just others comments mine too so I left. Take it how you want.

People that leave often, um, leave. Rather than say they are leaving, then coming back to post 30 minutes later.

However, no one is asking you to leave.

I just suggested you act as you would at RK's house. As that is, in effect, where we all are. Albeit in a virtual way.

El Mystico

Postby El Mystico » November 4th, 2008, 1:05 pm

Pass round the virtual beers, Richie

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 4th, 2008, 2:03 pm

You only get to call me "Richie" if I have known you for at least 30 years and you are at least 50 years old. :)

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » November 4th, 2008, 2:05 pm

This party is rubbish. When are Potsie and Chuchie getting here?

Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

:)

Richard Kaufman

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 4th, 2008, 3:53 pm

I'll take the beer, though.

David Thomas

Postby David Thomas » November 4th, 2008, 7:15 pm

Thanks to mrgoat and Jonathan Townsend for quoting him before he could edit so that we could actually see what he had really said and what he REALLY meant.

David

Larry Horowitz

Postby Larry Horowitz » November 4th, 2008, 8:07 pm

Richard,

I am very happy with any issues you wish to publish on Vernon,Ramsay or any other great.

But I would like to suggest that you slow down the production of great issues. I don't have time to properly devour one before the next one is in my mailbox.

mrgoat

Postby mrgoat » November 4th, 2008, 8:35 pm

David Thomas wrote:Thanks to mrgoat and Jonathan Townsend for quoting him before he could edit so that we could actually see what he had really said and what he REALLY meant.

David

Pleasure. You should see the PMs he sent me. Strange, angry chap.

Return to “Feature Articles”