Source for this 'force'

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.
Jeffrey Korst

Source for this 'force'

Postby Jeffrey Korst » April 13th, 2015, 6:51 pm

I have a vague recollection of an effect where a card is selected (forced?) and marked 'in some way'-by being burned.

Having the spectator choose that the card be burned is a psychological force. The card is then found in an impossible place in it's altered condition.

I'm trying to find the write up for getting the spectator to think it was their idea to burn the card as a method of making it unique.

Does this ring any bells?

Thanks very much,

Jeff

Russ
Favorite Magician: Those that know the art well

Re: Source for this 'force'

Postby Russ » April 13th, 2015, 7:54 pm

The effect is called The Voodoo card. It can be found in Guy Hollingworth's book, Drawing Room Deceptions page 14 ..the prologue. Also, see The art of Astonishment by Paul Harris, vol. 3, page 303. The effect is based on a Steranko routine. Hope this helps.

Russ Polizzi
Russ Polizzi

Jeffrey Korst

Postby Jeffrey Korst » April 13th, 2015, 11:40 pm

Russ wrote:The effect is called The Voodoo card. It can be found in Guy Hollingworth's book, Drawing Room Deceptions page 14 ..the prologue. Also, see The art of Astonishment by Paul Harris, vol. 3, page 303. The effect is based on a Steranko routine. Hope this helps.

Russ Polizzi

Thanks Russ, that's the one I was thinking of. I must be getting old. I used to remember where I read stuff . . .

Russ
Favorite Magician: Those that know the art well

Postby Russ » April 14th, 2015, 6:44 pm

You are welcome Jeff. I know how frustrating it can be when an effect pops into the mind and you search your library endlessly. Too me, that's the real magic of this forum. Thanks Genii.

Russ
Russ Polizzi

Return to “Reference Room”