Multum in Parvo advice

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.
Umpa Duze

Multum in Parvo advice

Postby Umpa Duze » January 23rd, 2013, 3:02 am

Hi All,
I wonder if you can help me figure out what the pros and cons are for Multum in Parvo glasses. I believe I read somewhere that when these were produced in glass that they were quite convincing. The plastic ones I have seem to suffer from a variety of problems in concealing the gimmick while pouring from one glass to another; something rather unnatural about the process. Anyway, I would appreciate any advice you can send my way.

Cheers,
Umpa
Cheers,
Umpa Duze

fredreisz
Favorite Magician: Dai Vernon

Re: Multum in Parvo advice

Postby fredreisz » January 24th, 2013, 1:42 am

I suspect you can play around with the appearance of the glass as you are pouring from the front. Pay attention to the angle of the glass; whether the top is pointed forward or back (hidden), should the glass be straight on up and down or not, etc. There is illusion is what the audience can "see" as opposed to what is. Peace...Fred (Reisz)
"The art of magic is the magic of art."

Return to “Reference Room”