Tweed Robinson

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.
Seuss

Tweed Robinson

Postby Seuss » August 24th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Does anyone have any info to share about Tweed Robinson? I only know of him from his embossed library stamp on books that have found their home in my library and have found no info online through the usual channels.

Thanks in advance.
Genii Lifetime Subscriber
Co-host Magic On the Side

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Re: Tweed Robinson

Postby Joe Pecore » August 24th, 2010, 1:40 pm

Looks like he did a talk about Al Baker at the 32nd Magic Collector's weekend in 2001 and Magicol lists his address as Prescott, Arizona around that time too.
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

Seuss

Postby Seuss » August 24th, 2010, 1:55 pm

Thanks Mr. Pecore. Using that info I was able to fine this info which says he passed away in 2004.

http://bellsouthpwp.net/n/i/nicker_j/tr ... 01_030.htm

Since I have about 20 or so volumes from his former library I would love to find out even more about him.
Genii Lifetime Subscriber

Co-host Magic On the Side

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » August 24th, 2010, 2:34 pm

I knew Tweed. He was a lovely lovely man. Bought every book I ever published going all the way back to 1977 and was very supportive of my efforts when my early years.

He had diabetes, and his daughter used to bring him to magic conventions later in his life when he was wheelchair bound. I think he eventually lost his legs.

When he died he bequeathed to me a large framed poster of Mark Twain that had been hanging in his house. It was an unexpected and now greatly treasured gift.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Return to “Reference Room”