torn corner switch

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.
oliver m

torn corner switch

Postby oliver m » December 16th, 2008, 11:36 am

hi all,

first off, thank you to everyone who's helped me with references so far. I'm able to find most references using my personal library but whenever I get stuck you guys never fail to find the answers.

anyway, the reference I'm currently struggling with is the Torn Corner Switch. it's such a classic move that I'm surprised I can't find a reference for it.

as ever, any help would be much appreciated.

thanks, O
Oliver Meech
www.olivermeech.com

Jeff Haas

Re: torn corner switch

Postby Jeff Haas » December 16th, 2008, 4:14 pm

There are several, depending on your context.

Many billet switches can be adapted.

Michael Ammar has one for a playing card corner in his book; Paul Gertner has one for the corner of a dollar bill in his book.

Joe Pecore
Favorite Magician: Paul Harris

Postby Joe Pecore » December 16th, 2008, 5:38 pm

In Mahatma Vol 2. No. 1 July 1898 page 128 there is a spirit writing routine called "POSTAL CARD TRICK" that uses a corner tear with a postcard. You tear the corner off a blank postcard and hand it to someone before placing the rest of the card in a hat with a pencil. The spectator then takes the postcard out of the hat to see that something is now written on the card and the corner matches as "proof" that the card was not switched.
Share your knowledge on the MagicPedia wiki.

oliver m

Postby oliver m » December 17th, 2008, 5:03 am

thanks for the references guys.

swift and insightful as ever!
Oliver Meech

www.olivermeech.com

Return to “Reference Room”