coin magic books

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

coin magic books

Postby Guest » November 28th, 2007, 10:26 am

i just want to know what coin magic book would be best for me to buy

Re: coin magic books

Postby Guest » November 28th, 2007, 11:45 am

A good start is "Bobo's"...........thousands others from there.

Good luck.

Postby Guest » November 28th, 2007, 12:07 pm

Originally posted by camron:
i just want to know what coin magic book would be best for me to buy
Hey Camron:

since you're brand new to coin coin magic, you might want to check out "Modern Coin Magic" by J.B. Bobo which goes for somewhere around $10.00. If however, you're willing to spend somewhere around $40-$45, you might want to purchase "New Modern Coin Magic" by J.B. Bobo instead. This second edition has everything that the first one has but with more ideas.

If you're interested, there is also another good "Intro to Coin Magic Book" by Shigeo Futagawa. There's not as much material in that book but everything in that book is very well explained. It's around $10-$12.00 online.

However, just in case you're looking to understand more difficult coin sleights i.e.: the back clip and/or muscle pass, I think "Coin Magic" by Richard Kaufman and "Expert Coin Magic" by David Roth are the most reliable.

I hope this helps.

Take good care,
Anthony R.

Postby Guest » November 28th, 2007, 1:56 pm

"Diverting Coin Magic" by Andrew Galloway

Evan Shuster

Postby Evan Shuster » November 28th, 2007, 4:02 pm

Originally posted by castawaydave:
"Diverting Coin Magic" by Andrew Galloway
Excellent suggestion. I've been re-reading this lately and realizing how much I missed on the first read-through. Great book!

Bobo was the first coin book I ever bought (25+ years ago) and I continue to pull it off the shelf with some regularity. More recent purchases which have taken up more of my time are "Coin Magic" (Master Kaufman) & "Expert Coin Magic" (Master Roth). I am by no means a "coin guy" but these are books I will never part with.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 28th, 2007, 4:28 pm

So much has happened in coin magic since I wrote CoinMagic and David Roth's Expert Coin Magic, the latter over 20 years ago.

It's probably time for me to do CoinMagic 2--but I don't have the time. So, it's time, but there's no time. Of course there's no time like the present, unless there is no time in the present. So you see my conundrum.
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » November 28th, 2007, 5:12 pm

Richard,

CoinMagic is a great book and I would love to see a CoinMagic 2 if it were ever possible. I'm sure it would be a great seller. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Richard Kaufman
Favorite Magician: Theodore DeLand

Postby Richard Kaufman » November 28th, 2007, 7:53 pm

Sorry to say this, but you're going to get a cramp in your hand! :)
Subscribe today to Genii Magazine

Postby Guest » November 29th, 2007, 8:20 am

Richard...it's good to see you're practicing safe book writing!

adrian...

Return to “Reference Room”