"Exploring the Unknown"?

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.

"Exploring the Unknown"?

Postby Guest » May 9th, 2006, 10:28 pm

As many of you know, I've spent the last six months watching everything in the AMA Library's "video vault", in order to build a complete catalog of the performers, individual effects, and venues involved in all that footage. I'm almost done, but one of the remaining steps cannot be done by me alone. Perhaps you can help?

I've set up a Web site with a snapshot of every performer/effect/venue I can't specifically name. (For the geeks out there: Yes, I'm re-using the AMA-election Web site I set up a few months back, but this new content has *nothing* to do with politics. I'm just too cheap to buy a new domain name.)

Please take a moment to browse through this Web site, and click on the "I know about this" hyperlink on any page you might have additional information on. (The hyperlinks will start an email back to me; just fill in the requested tidbit, and send the email on its way!)

Some of the images are on the large side (about 800KB each), so use a high-speed connection if you have one available. And, of course, drop me a line at rcowley@socal.rr.com with any questions/comments.

Many thanks!

Return to “Reference Room”