reference needed

A place where beginners can participate, ask questions, and post their views. However, beginners typically ask a lot of questions about sources, tricks, books, and so on. In fact, all magicians are interested (or should be) in the provenance of tricks, ideas, and related matters. This department will service these needs.
Jeff Pierce Magic

reference needed

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » July 2nd, 2004, 6:38 am

This is not so much a sleight as a move.
Where is the first reference to after returning the deck to the case, you squeeze the sides of the case and stick the flap of the box under any number of cards on the top of the deck?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Pierce

Jeff Pierce Magic

Re: reference needed

Postby Jeff Pierce Magic » July 5th, 2004, 8:22 am

Originally posted by Jeff Pierce:
This is not so much a sleight as a move.
Where is the first reference to after returning the deck to the case, you squeeze the sides of the case and stick the flap of the box under any number of cards on the top of the deck?

Thanks for your help.

Jeff Pierce
Wow, has this stumped eveyone? Here's what I've found in my limited library.
In ECT there is a trick called "The Penetrating Cards" that uses this faint, but no credit is given.

Anything earlier?

2. I'm also looking for and info on a trick where a card is selected, then you spell out "The Worlds Greatest Magician" and the selected card is the next card. I think you also deal the cards out in the shape of a arrow pointing towars you. I recall perhaps something in one of Steve Beams Semi-Automatic card tricks but not sure if this is the original.

Thanks for all your help.

Jeff Pierce

Return to “Reference Room”