One of those days (mentalism books)

This forum is an ongoing, and evolving, discussion. Genii Forum members discuss opinions and trade notes on current and past magic books.
Robert77

One of those days (mentalism books)

Postby Robert77 » March 5th, 2017, 2:57 pm

Late last night I was surfing ebay and suddenly two Bob Cassidy books popped up; The Art of Mentalism and The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy, both on Buy It Now for about cover price. I didn't have either and wanted both so I rushed to buy them. *POW* someone beat me to the punch on Artful Mentalism. But *ZING* I scored the first edition Art of Mentalism. Boy was I peeved at missing the 2nd book though.

So I figured while was up I may as well see what else had showed up on the 'bay. Hey! There's another book I want. I think. Or do I have it already? So I start searching my three shelves of magic books. (I know, I know, only 3 shelves, but they're all good books.) Guess what I find? Not the book I'm looking for, but a Collectors Workshop edition of, wait for it, The Art of Mentalism. Which I've never read. Doh! So now I'll have two copies.

On the plus side, after giving up in disgust at myself I started to read Art of Mentalism. The book first covers details of how to perform as a mentalist. Then tricks. Well each page of the first half of that book was like, my eye's got bigger, and bigger, and then exploded as I read each new paragraph of commentary and advice by Bob Cassidy. Solid gold.

magicfish

Re: One of those days (mentalism books)

Postby magicfish » May 6th, 2017, 11:16 pm

It is a delightful book. I only do one item from it but it is one of my favourite impromptu card effects.

Return to “Book of The Month Club”