Sean Fields Magic

Post topics about the business side of magic.
Ninja

Sean Fields Magic

Postby Ninja » March 15th, 2009, 8:43 am

SEAN FIELDS MAGIC

I've had the pleasure of knowing Sean for a little over four years now. I will admit that this is shameless promotion for his newest effect SICK.

Many of you have seen Sean's work in the past, but this is undoubtedly one of his finest effects.

Here's the skinny, signed coin is swallowed doesn't have to be signed - clearly up to you. You see the coin between the teeth and mouth is shown empty! You take a knife (get a butcher knife, pocket knife, scalpel, etc) cut your arm. Blood... you see it! As you watch slowly the coin comes out of the arm, you slowly see more and more silver of the quarter coming out of the arm. The coin is then handed (bloodied) to the spectator with their signature on it!

Sean and I sit down any time he releases something and we talk about it. I can tell you that Sean put a lot of work into this effect, it is so brilliantly clever! I have never been so excited about an effect. The presentation had me on the edge of my seat!

---

Please see his online store he has plenty of great effects. Some personal recommendation aside from Sick would be:

Northbound, borrowed finger ring to your necklace. Strong point of this effect is you don't have to worry about reels, thread, and in my opinion angle proof! So that means don't worry about using the ladies diamond encrusted engagement ring!

1337 notes, full of great tricks I cannot stress enough how amazing this set of notes is... It is sure to blow your mind, your magician friends minds, and just about every one you know will loose their mind from these set of notes. Powerful tools to add to your repertoire.

Akross, I have a personal attachment to this trick because I was sitting in his living room asking him questions because I had wanted to do a cards across and couldn't figure it out. With-in an instant he came up with the idea for Akross! This cards across has many variations and is sure to amaze.

Saw, season 3 opener to Chris Angel need I say more? Thread sawed in neck, and it really looks like it's under your skin. Very disturbing great for the geek magicians just like Sick!

---

Sean has a great many more effects that will boggle your mind. In PDF and Video formats on his site.

---

I understand he also may be working on making a compilation of a few of his notes, and books. Not sure if it's to be hardbound or what have you. But keep your eyes open for more great idea's from one of the greatest minds in magic today!

Morten

Re: Sean Fields Magic

Postby Morten » May 11th, 2009, 6:10 am

Weird trick, imo. The audience wouldn't be amazed, just disgusted... =/

Dave Shepherd

Postby Dave Shepherd » May 11th, 2009, 8:07 am

Who would perform this for actual human beings? I mean, assuming you did not want to make a long-time enemy of the audience.

If they even halfway believe you've done something like what you purport, this is deeply disgusting.

Sebastien L.

Postby Sebastien L. » May 11th, 2009, 12:09 pm

Ninja wrote:SEAN FIELDS MAGIC
1337 notes, full of great tricks I cannot stress enough how amazing this set of notes is... It is sure to blow your mind, your magician friends minds, and just about every one you know will loose their mind from these set of notes. Powerful tools to add to your repertoire.

It is so very interesting to compare this "fluff" for the material with an actual review (in Light from the Lamp online).

I imagine the reviewer had their mind blown, but not in the way you seem to think.

Tom Frame
Favorite Magician: Del Ray

Postby Tom Frame » May 11th, 2009, 1:56 pm

I'm still reeling from the experience.

Jonathan Townsend

Postby Jonathan Townsend » May 12th, 2009, 10:18 am

Excellent, an encouragement to cutters everywhere.

How about a razorcut revelation - using last week's cuts as the name of a selected card. Call it "Cut to the future" if you like.

:(
Mundus vult decipi -per Caleb Carr's story Killing Time

Return to “Marketing & Magic Business”